Author Topic: iPhone 4 case?  (Read 827 times)

MrsCrazyPete

iPhone 4 case?
« on: January 04, 2013, 09:54:23 PM »
To all you iPhone 4 users out there: what kind of case do you have for it?

Do you like the case? Pros and cons?

I have tried the Speck cases, which I love because they come in fun patterns/colors but they seem to break easily. (I do drop my phone often :()

Please let me know what works best for you!
Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
Re: iPhone 4 case?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 10:16:18 PM »
I bought a LifeProof because it's truly waterproof and I've lost a phone to the toilet in the past.  :P

I really like it and would recommend it if you drop your phone a lot. I've dropped it a couple of times and it's definitely safe.

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 11:00:05 PM »
I have an OtterBox for one phone -- not something that I would have picked, but it's a corporate phone so that's what they gave me. It's like a wet suit for a phone.  My personal phone has a Steampunk Mickey hard case. The one problem with those cases is you have to use a screen protected and I can *never* apply those without getting dust in the way.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 11:28:03 PM »
I have an otterbox for mine and I really like it.  I'm a bit clumsy and they hold up really well.  I also have a fuel holster as well for when I'm hiking since I use my phone to track mileage and the route.  The only problem is that the holster forces you to strip the otterbox off of the phone
My Photography Gallery
http://www.ctartisticphotos.com/

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 11:29:13 PM »
If you drop it a lot, the Otterbox is your best bet.

CuriousParty

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 11:42:04 PM »
I have an Otterbox (middle of the range, not the uber crazy one but not the minimum either - the commuter? I think?). It has a rubber gasket type thing and then a harder shell that fits over it.

I have, while on a run, dropped my phone to the concrete sidewalk.  Nary a scratch.  I highly recommend.

I also was able to find an armband for running that accommodates the phone in the cover, so I never have to pry mine off.  Also, less dropping.

CakeBeret

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 12:03:28 AM »
I have an Otterbox Commuter, though my phone is a Galaxy S3. It's a great case. It adds some bulk to your phone, but it's very protective. I drop my phone less with the case than I did before. (The case adds more grip-ability, which the S3 desperately needs. :P)
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 11:53:56 AM »
Another vote for Otterbox. I bought one. Went out that day in the middle of a drought. It rained. I got out of the car. Dropped the phone in a puddle - completely submerged. Phone was fine.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

TXJess

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 12:00:15 PM »
I had an otterbox on my iphone 4 for almost 2 years. Finally a small piece broke off the rubber shell and I had to get a new case. This time around I got a cheap Belkin case, because I'll probably end up getting an iPhone 5 here pretty soon anyways. I definitely recommend an otterbox, especially for someone who drops their phone a lot. I drop mine a lot, and every time I do it at work, I turn to my office mate and say, "and this is why I have an otterbox" because co-workers have made comments about the case. The only downside to the case is it does take away the beauty of how sleek and small the iPhone 4 is. I just decided if I were going to spend that much money on a phone, I was going to make sure I wasn't going to break it too easily!

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 12:33:51 PM »
We got new phones in September 2011 with a change to a new cell phone provider.

VorGuy wanted the smallest belt carrier that he could find, so he got one for women and took off a little leather strap, and hung the small belt clip on his wider & thicker belt.

It came off in the parking lot at school and something (car, van, bus?) drove over it.  The monitor screen had to be replaced, there were some scratches to the back of the phone, but it still works.  I got him a different belt case with a clip for a wider & thicker belt (but still "small" enough to suit his preferences) and it hasn't fallen off.  He's happy.

I'm looking forward to September 2013 and getting a new phone, as my battery life isn't what it should be (daily charging needed) - I think it's the carry case doing something to turn the phone on so the display is lit and sometimes the phone will start talking to me while it's supposed to be locked. 

I may go back to a flip phone - looks more like the early Star Trek communicator anyway!

This is the first one that I haven't damaged in the first two months of having it - VorGuy usually has the "better looking" phone - but going to school does put his at more risk of battering than otherwise.  I may have to look into an Otterbox....
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 12:36:19 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 05:11:58 PM »
I haven't seen Otterboxes here, but they sound brilliant!

My case is a locally crafted leather one.  The phone sits in a plastic cradle, and the cover wraps around and seals with a magnet.  It's fully lined with a thin suede. 

It's wonderful - had water spilt on it a few weeks ago, no damage (the case held the phone up out of the spill), and the cover protects the screen.  It's been dropped many, many times with no damage.  All the buttons are easily accessible with the case closed (except the front button) and there's a gap for the camera lens too.

marksgirl

• Life is Made Up of Tiny Miracles
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 05:14:15 PM »
I love my otterbox. I have two one for my iphone and one for the ipod touch. My kid plays with the touch so its nice not to worry if she drops it.

"Sometimes I wish I could freeze the picture and save it from the funny tricks of time"-ABBA

glinda

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 07:08:26 PM »
I'm on my second otter box defender case. On my first one I chipped the hard plastic front because I like to carry chunks of amethyst in my purse. I also tend to drop my phone.

It does make my phone bulkier but its safe. :)

So I pod the other posters about the otter box.

Rohanna

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 07:36:31 PM »
I have an otterbox defender- between a pre-schooler and being run over by a car, my phone is still fine. It's clunky, but if you're clumsy or have kids it makes your phone pretty much impact proof. When I shattered the corner of the case (phone was untouched) they express-mailed me a new one under the warrenty for free. When I had my phone serviced for a different reason, the "impact indicator" was untriggered.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. ~ Jack Layton.

SiotehCat

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 07:49:46 PM »
Is there a huge difference between the Otterbox Defender and the Commuter?

I don't know if I like the built in screen protector. I always thought those were too thick. For the people that own one of these, what do you think?