Author Topic: iPhone 4 case?  (Read 898 times)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: iPhone 4 case?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 07:52:21 PM »
I have a defender and I have had no problem with the screen protector.  I'm probably on my phone for 6-8 hours a day with no issues

CakeBeret

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 10:17:44 AM »
Is there a huge difference between the Otterbox Defender and the Commuter?

I don't know if I like the built in screen protector. I always thought those were too thick. For the people that own one of these, what do you think?

The screen protector on the Defender is fine. I've heard that, over time, dust and debris can get behind the protector and kind of negate its usefulness, but I don't know how common that is.

I prefer the Commuter personally; it stands up to my clumsiness and my toddler quite well, and it's thinner and lighter.
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

kelly_jeanie

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 11:14:32 AM »
Is there a huge difference between the Otterbox Defender and the Commuter?

I don't know if I like the built in screen protector. I always thought those were too thick. For the people that own one of these, what do you think?

I have a Defender for my iPhone and I don't like the built-in screen protector - however, I have a screen protector that I put on right when I got it so the 2 together made the screen too unresponsive.  I like the feel of the Defender, the heft of it, but I'm considering cutting out the attached film because as far as I'm concerned it makes the case unusable.  Right now I'm back to using my Incipio Dual Pro.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 11:24:18 AM »
I have the Defender for my iPhone 5, and when I got it, the guy at Verizon sort of customized it a little by removing the built-in screen protector and also the flap on the bottom that covers the slot where you plug in the power cord (it was a hassle prying it open every time I wanted to charge my battery).  So my Defender is perfect now.

LibraryLady

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 03:58:41 PM »
I just got an Otterbox Defender I think in Pink Camo for my iPhone 4 @ Radio Shack.   I really wanted the screen protecter and the protection
against dropping.  Plus it feels more substantial now.