A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

"Trendy" expressions you're tired of hearing

<< < (56/134) > >>

tasryn:
To the person who responded to my message by saying that words like "stabby" and "hatred of a thousand suns" add color to our language, my issue with these phrases is things like this that I see on message boards all the time "I can't stand Taylor Swift with the hatred of a thousand suns-she makes me stabby." Isn't that a little over the top? It reminds me of Blache Devereaux on the Golden Girls when she talks about how she feels as fresh as the honeysuckle in the morning when the dew hangs from the blossom and the sun kisses it with its golden glaze. There is adding description and there is going way overboard. Also when a phrase becomes overused it also loses it's meaning.

rose red:
Adorkable.  Mostly because when someone act that way, it seems so fake.  "Oh, look at me.  Look how cute and goofy I am."

diesel_darlin:
V-card.

Just say virginity. :-\

*new*mommyagain36:
"My bad" - why, yes, yes it is your bad, now take some responsibility for it and stop acting like that's even a remotely acceptable statement.

hobish:

--- Quote from: *new*mommyagain36 on January 18, 2013, 03:25:34 PM ---"My bad" - why, yes, yes it is your bad, now take some responsibility for it and stop acting like that's even a remotely acceptable statement.

--- End quote ---

In my world it is totally acceptable. It is definitely more acceptable than saying, "stop acting like that's even a remotely acceptable statement."
 ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version