Author Topic: "Trendy" expressions you're tired of hearing  (Read 45551 times)

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
Re: "Trendy" expressions you're tired of hearing
« Reply #405 on: January 26, 2013, 02:19:40 PM »
Surprised not to see these after 27 pages (unless I missed them)

"Can I haz..." or "I haz..."

"So many feels."

I'm good with the first one because of the cat connection, though I prefer "I can haz."  :D

What on earth is "So many feels" supposed to express, though? I haven't run into that one before. Is it something along the lines of "So many emotions"?

Feels = feelings or emotions, usually sad or bittersweet. It's usually used in the context of "That episode of Game of Thrones gave me so many feels."

Ugh. That's just awful.

Allyson

« Reply #406 on: January 26, 2013, 07:08:52 PM »
Along the lines of 'Imma', there's something I've noticed lately, mostly from late teenage women. 'Can I' becomes 'C'I', so it sounds like 'Ky have the remote...' For some reason this makes my teeth itch every time!

magicdomino

« Reply #407 on: January 27, 2013, 02:19:10 PM »
Surprised not to see these after 27 pages (unless I missed them)

"Can I haz..." or "I haz..."

"So many feels."

I'm good with the first one because of the cat connection, though I prefer "I can haz."  :D

What on earth is "So many feels" supposed to express, though? I haven't run into that one before. Is it something along the lines of "So many emotions"?

Feels = feelings or emotions, usually sad or bittersweet. It's usually used in the context of "That episode of Game of Thrones gave me so many feels."

Yea, that really isn't the image that phrase invokes, though...

I suspect I get the same image.   :P

"Haz" as in "I can haz" is reserved solely for the use of felines in Internet memes.  If you don't have four legs, no thumbs, and weren't born with sharp pointy bits, you cannot have "haz."  While we are on the subject, please do not use LOLcat language for anything except short captions on photos.  Thank you.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #408 on: January 27, 2013, 02:48:58 PM »

[/quote]

"Haz" as in "I can haz" is reserved solely for the use of felines in Internet memes.  If you don't have four legs, no thumbs, and weren't born with sharp pointy bits, you cannot have "haz."  While we are on the subject, please do not use LOLcat language for anything except short captions on photos.  Thank you.
[/quote]

Agreed.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #409 on: January 27, 2013, 06:27:17 PM »

[/quote]

Agreed.
[/quote]

I tend to use it ironically, but otherwise I agree.

marcel

« Reply #410 on: February 01, 2013, 09:04:39 AM »

[/quote]

Agreed.
[/quote]
Actualy, I prefer captions on cat photo's top be in normal language as well. I don't know about other cats, but mine does not talk that way :)
Wherever you go..... There you are.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #411 on: February 01, 2013, 09:37:41 AM »
I think LOLspeak is cute in moderation. I do admit that it starts to bother me when I have to have a decoder ring from a cereal box just to read some of the photo captions.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #412 on: February 01, 2013, 09:44:56 AM »
I think LOLspeak is cute in moderation. I do admit that it starts to bother me when I have to have a decoder ring from a cereal box just to read some of the photo captions.

y u no liek kitteh capshuns, r u speshul snoflaek?

(brb, broke brain...)

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #413 on: February 01, 2013, 10:41:58 AM »
I like lolspeak for cat and dog pictures because, to me, it stands to reason that kittehs and puppehs no spel gud.  ;D

stitchygreyanonymouse

« Reply #414 on: February 01, 2013, 11:03:27 AM »
I donít see "ermahgerd" often enough for it to really bother me, but I just got a captcha which required typing in "ermahgerd captcher" as the solution.

I think that was my tipping point.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #415 on: February 01, 2013, 11:07:55 AM »
I like lolspeak for cat and dog pictures because, to me, it stands to reason that kittehs and puppehs no spel gud.  ;D

That kind of caption speak always reminds me of an old 'Far Side' cartoon. 

The family dog has posted a sign on the washing machine with the words 'KAT FUD' and an arrow. 

nuit93

« Reply #416 on: February 01, 2013, 11:43:11 AM »

Me too.  Especially my kittehs.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #417 on: February 01, 2013, 01:03:35 PM »
I miss Far Side!

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #418 on: February 01, 2013, 02:30:15 PM »
I donít see "ermahgerd" often enough for it to really bother me, but I just got a captcha which required typing in "ermahgerd captcher" as the solution.

I think that was my tipping point.

Oh, yes, so much. I don't know why, but the ermahgerd thing creeps me out. Where did it even come from?
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

DottyG

• Super Hero!