A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Trans-Atlantic Knowledge Exchange

Coffees in general.

<< < (5/6) > >>

ladyknight1:
Just found this thread, and most coffee serving places here have the cream, milk, and sweeteners on the side for customers to add as needed.

Bluenomi:

--- Quote from: JonGirl on February 04, 2013, 06:18:30 AM ---

You have to order black, latte, cappaccino or flat white.
Regular is the size of the cup between small and large...

--- End quote ---

Yup, this Aussie would agree with that. There isn't really anything such as a regular coffee here. People order by type. Cap, skin latte, flat white, long black, espresso, mocha double shot etc.

DH and I learned the hard why that iced coffee doesn't mean the same thing everywhere either. Here iced coffee is like iced chocolate, coffee (or coffee flavouring) with milk, ice cream and topped with cream. In Malaysia iced coffee is black coffee over ice. Not quite the same. That's when we worked out why there was an iced latte on the menu  :D Luckily I had plenty of extra cream on my drink so I gave it to him.

katycoo:
I would think a regular coffee would be a long black.  Milk (and/or sugar) would be offered (turning it into a flat white). 

But generally noone I know would order that way.  They'd ask for a black or white coffee, or a latte or caapucino.

mrs_deb:
We had a tour guide on Kangaroo Island (Australia) ask us if it was true that in most American restaurants, you got "a bottomless cup of coffee".  She appeared duly impressed when we answered in the affirmative.  We didn't find any of that "Down Under", although of course we didn't go EVERYWHERE.

katycoo:

--- Quote from: mrs_deb on May 12, 2013, 08:46:37 AM ---We had a tour guide on Kangaroo Island (Australia) ask us if it was true that in most American restaurants, you got "a bottomless cup of coffee".  She appeared duly impressed when we answered in the affirmative.  We didn't find any of that "Down Under", although of course we didn't go EVERYWHERE.

--- End quote ---

You don't get bottomless drinks of any kind, anywhere in Australia.  Even at Hungry Jacks (Burger King) you're only entitled to 1 free refill and that's the only place that even allows that much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version