Author Topic: What kind of sauce for lobster ravioli?  (Read 1184 times)

MOM21SON

What kind of sauce for lobster ravioli?
« on: January 04, 2013, 09:37:20 PM »
What kind of sauce would you make for lobster ravioli?

Thanks!

Acadianna

• Remember -- no matter where you go, there you are.
    • My Dragons
Re: What kind of sauce for lobster ravioli?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 09:43:40 PM »
I'd probably make some kind of simple cream sauce, if the ravioli is stuffed with lobster.

Not long ago, we ate at a chain Italian restaurant and I ordered the lobster ravioli.  The ravioli was stuffed with lobster, and not much else.  The "sauce" was mainly more lobster, and not much else.  Although I love lobster, this was -- I can't believe I'm saying this -- too much lobster.

So I'd put lobster in the ravioli or on top of the ravioli, but not both  places.

MOM21SON

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 09:53:10 PM »
I'd probably make some kind of simple cream sauce, if the ravioli is stuffed with lobster.

Not long ago, we ate at a chain Italian restaurant and I ordered the lobster ravioli.  The ravioli was stuffed with lobster, and not much else.  The "sauce" was mainly more lobster, and not much else.  Although I love lobster, this was -- I can't believe I'm saying this -- too much lobster.

So I'd put lobster in the ravioli or on top of the ravioli, but not both  places.

LOL.  Like the time I ordered pasta with Gorgonzola sauce?  Way too much Gorgonzola!

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 10:00:46 PM »
There was a thread a while back about what kind of sauce to use for pumpkin or butternut squash ravioli.  The suggestions there were mostly for browned butter and parmesan.  Which I think would go well with the lobster.  I think a cream sauce would be good.

But with lobster, you could even get away with a tomato based sauce, maybe a rose sauce?

ETA:  Here it is:  http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=123408.0
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

MOM21SON

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 10:07:49 PM »
Thank you.  I will have a look.