General Etiquette > Life...in general

There Are Times When I Despair of Freecycle

<< < (2/9) > >>

magicdomino:

--- Quote from: Penguin_ar on January 07, 2013, 10:26:28 AM ---On our freecycle, we had a problem with people setting up auto responder programs- ie as soon as you'd post anything with OFFERED in the title, their computer would send a reply saying "I'd love the item, could really use it, please.  I can pick up!" or whatever.  Some people are hoarders, some will want it to re-sell.

--- End quote ---

I think I've seen that after advertising on Craigslist's free section.

VorFemme:
I reposted the items with a request to READ the post and send me the information requested so that I can tell if the item will work with their computer.

If I don't get any requests with the information to make sure it will work for them, they aren't getting it.

I'll donate it to the Goodwill computer store or something.....

FOSTER:
My understanding of Freecycle is you're passing along still-useable items that you don't need/want to people who might need/want them.

I don't know why they're supposed to qualify for them? I don't get that requirement.

I think it's enough that someone wants to take your unwanted stuff off your hands. If it's that precious to you, maybe you shouldn't attempt to give it away?

Otherwise, I'm just confused.

Sharnita:
I think that when 4 or 5 people might say they want the one iyem yoi probablt yry to narrow down who can really use it.

Lynn2000:

--- Quote from: FOSTER on January 08, 2013, 01:28:37 PM ---My understanding of Freecycle is you're passing along still-useable items that you don't need/want to people who might need/want them.

I don't know why they're supposed to qualify for them? I don't get that requirement.

I think it's enough that someone wants to take your unwanted stuff off your hands. If it's that precious to you, maybe you shouldn't attempt to give it away?

Otherwise, I'm just confused.

--- End quote ---

This is kind of what I was thinking, too. Though, it sounds like the OP has a viable second option, the Goodwill store, where s/he is fairly certain the item will actually be used. Maybe it would be best to just take it straight there?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version