General Etiquette > Life...in general

Please don't tickle me

<< < (6/6)

gmatoy:
I was hit by a car as a child. Broke all the ribs on one side from the car hitting me. Broke all the ribs on the other side from me hitting the pavement. Touch my ribs and I go into serious protect myself at all costs defensive mode. It triggers pain receptors that I forget I even have.

Elfmama:

--- Quote from: CakeEater on January 07, 2013, 11:11:55 PM ---I don't even tickle my kids unless they ask me to. I find it bizarre that someone would tickle another adult who has expressed a dislike for this behaviour.

Get really angry. I think that's completely appropriate for this kind of situation.

--- End quote ---
That's what I had to do to DH.  He kept tickling me even when I asked him not to and told him that I hated it.  "But you laugh, so you must really enjoy it!" (That may be the reason that people don't believe the OP.)

One time he tickled me until I couldn't get any breath and passed out.  When I came to I went volcanic on him.  I think I may have said that I would leave him if he ever did it again, but since this was 35+ years in the past, I don't remember now. I DO remember a lot of in-his-face yelling.   :-[   But he never tickled me again.

Yes, get mad and/or smack someone 'involuntarily.'  They WERE warned, after all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version