General Etiquette > Techno-quette

Would this be creepy?

(1/3) > >>

siamesecat2965:
BG: We lived in town A from the time I was almost 4, until I was 9, when we moved one town over, to town B  I still have friends from when we lived in town A, and am friends with them both in real life, and on Facebook.  I saw over the weekend, one of my friends from that group became friends with a woman, who I think was the daughter of our next door neighbors in Town A. She was in HS when we moved in, so quite a bit older, but I sent MY friend a message, asking if she was the person I thought she was, and she is. end BG

Would it be creepy to send her a message, just saying hi, and so on? I don't recall much, but I do remember her mom giving me her Nancy Drew books when I was about 6, which was my intro to them. Or if it were you, would you think it cool someone from the past was contacting you? If she doesn't respond, no biggie, but i've found, esp on FB, people are generally receptive to stuff like that.

Morticia:
Nothing wrong with saying Hello, if her profile allows it. If it doesn't, that's all you need to know.

bah12:
I don't think it's creepy.  Are you wanting to connect with her as friends or just send a message saying "Hi, I remember you!"?

I think sending her a friend request with a message that notes how you know her is just fine.  I also think it's fine, even absent a friend request, to send her a message and say hi and note your mutual connection and how it's a reminder that it's a small world.  I got a note like that once from someone who noticed a connection I had on FB and I didn't find it creepy at all.

siamesecat2965:

--- Quote from: bah12 on January 07, 2013, 12:44:46 PM ---I don't think it's creepy.  Are you wanting to connect with her as friends or just send a message saying "Hi, I remember you!"?

I think sending her a friend request with a message that notes how you know her is just fine.  I also think it's fine, even absent a friend request, to send her a message and say hi and note your mutual connection and how it's a reminder that it's a small world.  I got a note like that once from someone who noticed a connection I had on FB and I didn't find it creepy at all.

--- End quote ---

I was just planning on sending a message, like i said, due to the age difference we weren't exactly friends, but I did want to say hi, I remember you, isn't it a small world? if she wants to send me a friend request, i will certainly accept, but I wasn't planning on sending her one, just wanted  to do what you said above.

i figured I'd ask since I'm sure someone, somewhere, might find it weird. THe other funny thing I remember is that her brother drove an ice cream truck one summer, which, to a 6 or 7 year old, having the ice cream man next door was COOL.

TootsNYC:
This is actually one of the things I like about Facebook.

I say send her a note. Mention the Nancy Drew books.

It's what happens AFTER this "hello" that determines whether it's creepy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version