Author Topic: s/o Expect when dining out  (Read 1856 times)

Luci

• Super Hero!
Re: s/o Expect when dining out
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 07:45:19 PM »
I would worry more about all kinds of strangers sticking their dirty hands in the chip bowl

I do have to admit that this thought has crossed my mind, too.

I was wondereing how they are self-served! All I could seriously imagine is large tongs. Hands is beyond my imagination!

Really? I wouldn't touch them. (I know a lot goes on behind the scenes at restaurants, but I pretend it doesn't.)

Scuba_Dog

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 07:47:21 PM »
I would worry more about all kinds of strangers sticking their dirty hands in the chip bowl

I do have to admit that this thought has crossed my mind, too.

I was wondereing how they are self-served! All I could seriously imagine is large tongs. Hands is beyond my imagination!

Really? I wouldn't touch them. (I know a lot goes on behind the scenes at restaurants, but I pretend it doesn't.)

I think they use a big plastic scoop thing.

Dotty - I think I would rather they be consistant and I'd rather they got the chips - not me.

: )
"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 07:49:45 PM »
No, there is a scoop (sorry, I didn't mean to mislead you!).  But I still am leery of everyone under the sun's using things like that.  Did it fall on the floor at some point, and someone just picked it up?  How many hands have touched the scoop?  Did the masses cough or sneeze into the bin where the chips are?

(Sorry, these things are on my mind right now anyway!  I have 2 family members with serious cases of the flu - one of whom we had to take to the ER last weekend - so germs are at the forefront of my brain now!  Because I've been exposed to it, I'm on antiviral meds as a precaution now as well.)

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 11:22:34 PM »
No, there is a scoop (sorry, I didn't mean to mislead you!).  But I still am leery of everyone under the sun's using things like that.  Did it fall on the floor at some point, and someone just picked it up?  How many hands have touched the scoop?  Did the masses cough or sneeze into the bin where the chips are?

(Sorry, these things are on my mind right now anyway!  I have 2 family members with serious cases of the flu - one of whom we had to take to the ER last weekend - so germs are at the forefront of my brain now!  Because I've been exposed to it, I'm on antiviral meds as a precaution now as well.)

Thanks for the partial reassurance.

I always use sanitizer after every trip to the buffet if I am forced to go to one.

(Laugh if you want, but I haven't had the flu in 35 years and only get a cold about every 4 years.)