General Etiquette > Life...in general

Is there any way for me to ask for the sofa back?

<< < (2/7) > >>

oceanus:
(Hindsight 20/20:  You should have agreed on a price and sold it to her.)

You GAVE it to her.  It's hers now.

Sell/give, it's no longer yours. 

dawbs:
I'm in the 'I don't do upholstered thrift store furniture' camp myself (I'll do 2nd hand furniture if I think the person seems clean enough to not skeeve me out and trustworthy , but thrifting is a different ball of wax)

I'd say that I'd think you're kinda outta luck on this one.

katycoo:
No, you can't ask for it back.

What you could do, is offer the other part to the manager.  If you explain that now you have more space, it seems silly to have hald a sofa so you're getting a new one - would she like the other half too?

You never know - she may just offer it back opening the doorway to offering her a replacement sofa.

bloo:
You know it sounds reasonable to me only in the sense that you still have part of the sectional. So maybe she wouldn't be offended as to that part of it (thrift store replacement? Not so much).

But I would still demur, because every. single. instance. I've heard of where someone has asked/offered to buy back something, it ended up leaving a bad taste in the receiver's mouth afterward.

sourwolf:

--- Quote from: katycoo on January 07, 2013, 10:00:45 PM ---No, you can't ask for it back.

What you could do, is offer the other part to the manager.  If you explain that now you have more space, it seems silly to have hald a sofa so you're getting a new one - would she like the other half too?

You never know - she may just offer it back opening the doorway to offering her a replacement sofa.

--- End quote ---

Yes but with my luck she'd take me up on it and I'd have no sofa!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version