Author Topic: Brilliant service - Amazon shout-out.  (Read 1209 times)

Redsoil

Brilliant service - Amazon shout-out.
« on: January 05, 2013, 11:58:46 PM »
I bought my beloved Kindle in August 2011.  As I mentioned on this board some time back, it has been needing more and more frequent recharging.  Down to once a week now, rather than every 3-4 weeks.  (I don't leave the wireless on, to try and conserve battery life.)

So, I just finished live chat with Amit from Amazon.  After verifying details, and checking a few things, they are going to send me a new Kindle to replace this one, at no change (not even shipping - and I'm in Australia).  Email with full details should be sent in the next few hours.

Absolutely brilliant service - easy, quick resolution without undue duress or fiddling about.  I LOVE Amazon!  THAT'S service!

Tell everyone you know...   ;D
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
Re: Brilliant service - Amazon shout-out.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 12:28:27 AM »
That's what I call great customer service!  :) (not all that common these days)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 12:38:48 AM by oceanus »

Acadianna

• Remember -- no matter where you go, there you are.
    • My Dragons
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 12:36:52 AM »
I had a similar experience.  My purse fell to the floor at a movie theater, and my Kindle inside the purse broke.  After a "live chat" late Saturday night, they said they'd send another one (no charge).  It arrived on the following Tuesday!

Redsoil

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 12:44:51 AM »
Email received already!  Confirmed that a new Kindle 3G will be shipped to Astralia, PRIORITY, and no charges incurred!  I'm absolutely thrilled with their service and the speed of addressing the issue.  Just brilliant - I'm a customer for life, and will recommend to everyone I see.  (Even more than I already had previously.)

New Kindle estimated arrival date is 15th January.
Look out... 

happygrrl

• Happy Girlie OI OI OI
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 03:27:36 PM »
Awesome! I've had very good service with them as well. I've even had a person from the Executive Customer Service department contact me re: a problem this past fall. Nice!!  :)
"I am the laziest person on Earth. I want to learn to photosynthesize so I can buy a sun lamp and survive without getting out of bed."  M-theory 11/23/10

DollyPond

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 03:56:29 PM »
Not to thread hijack but I have a shout out for Andersen Windows.

One of my windows is getting condensation between the panes of glass.  The windows were already installed when I bought my house 15 years ago. I'm guessing they're at least 20 years old and obviously I don't have the installation receipts.

So yesterday I called their customer service number and after giving the rep a lot of information about said window she said "OK. We'll ship out a new window to you free of charge."!!!!!   :D :D :D

Who does that these days??  I was astounded.

Roe

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 03:58:06 PM »
Amazon has always given us great customer service.  That's why I order from them regularly.  :)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 04:32:08 PM »
I agree; I just ordered the Kindle Fire, and while I could have possibly gotten it elsewhere, now, I preferred to get it directly from Amazon, in the event there's any issue. Even though I'm quite impatient and don't want to wait until Tuesday, when it will be delivered!

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 05:24:39 PM »
Amazon has always given me great service. I've had a couple of things broken in shipping (no wonder since I actually heard one package hit my door, when the delivery person tossed it rather than put it on my porch. ). They sent out replacements next day.

My kindle screen got scrambled and was years out of warranty  I called customer service to see if their was any thing I could do - they sent me a new one. -Don't put your backpack/purse under your desk where the bricks for  your laptop and other electronics are.

Another time I was at a workshop and the presenter recommend a book. I purchased the digital book - only to find out that you had no way to access the "copy and use in your classroom pages". Other teacher books I've purchased provided a link to a web page to access that type of material. When I explained they let me return the digital book and buy the paper back version.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 05:28:24 AM »
My Kindle Fire just died- wouldn't charge *at all* and was dead as a doornail.  It's within the warrantee period, I called Amazon, they said "we'll ship you out a new one".  This was on Saturday. I'm expecting it Tuesday. And they sent me a return shipping label. 

I'm extremely happy.

bopper

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 10:03:11 AM »
Woot! I will bet you are a good buyer of books on Kindle? Then it is in their best interest for you to have a reader and not switch to another brand!!

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 10:12:19 AM »
Amazon has always given us great customer service.  That's why I order from them regularly.  :)

Us, too! They almost always have the lowest prices but I've paid more to get something from amazon rather than order it from someone else because I know if there are any issues they'll take care of me.

When DD was an infant I bought her a toy. When it arrived I put it together, put batteries in it, and nothing happened. I replaced the batteries, nada. I called amazon and the rep shipped me a replacement (seems like it was even next day or two day). Well when I got the new one the same thing happened. Turns out something had happened to my pack of batteries and they were all dead. I felt HORRIBLE. I called amazon and explained everything, asked for an address so I could ship one back, and they told me to give the extra toy to a friend and have a nice day. Loyal customer ever since!!

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 07:14:40 PM »
Not to thread hijack but I have a shout out for Andersen Windows.

One of my windows is getting condensation between the panes of glass.  The windows were already installed when I bought my house 15 years ago. I'm guessing they're at least 20 years old and obviously I don't have the installation receipts.

So yesterday I called their customer service number and after giving the rep a lot of information about said window she said "OK. We'll ship out a new window to you free of charge."!!!!!   :D :D :D

Who does that these days??  I was astounded.

Lil Sis had one of her windows replaced, free, after Hurricane Ike when the same thing (condensation) happened.  Frankly, she was amazed that it was only the ONE window, as Ike was a HUGE storm (not so much how high the wind was as how long it continued to blow) - the thing was two or three times (at least) the size of the "average hurricane".  She's very happy with Andersen Windows, too!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Redsoil

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 02:06:10 AM »
What makes it even more amazing is that I'd bought this Kindle from a store in Austrlalia, so not even bought directly from Amazon (although I've bought 560-odd books from them since I've had it).  Just love their customer service - had an email today saying it has been shipped out, and not to worry about returning the defective unit, but just take it to a recycling place locally if one is available.

Look out... 

Redsoil

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 09:47:43 AM »
Okay - update time.  The Kindle arrived yesterday (a day ahead of time), but I was unable to pick it up until today.  So, opened box, got out new Kindle, tried to charge up.  Amber light came on for 10 seconds, then nothing.  Hmm.  Tried again.  Same thing.  Tried the old cable, just in case the new one was defective.  Nada.  Tried a new powerpoint - same thing.  Tried a hard reset (several times), to no avail.  After 5 hours, still no further forward, and the initial "battery not charged" screen is still on.

So, back to live chat with Amazon help.  Lovely, as always, and very helpful.  Minimal fuss, no hassles, checked and found out the unit hadn't been enabled prior to leaving factory, so send it back (they'll send a pre-paid label for me) after I recieve my NEXT new unit!  So, have to say it's a bit of a glitch, but handled brilliantly by Amazon and Jeffrey on help-desk.  Just have to wait a bit longer for a (hopefully) fully functioning unit!
Look out...