Author Topic: SO of Super-attentive Service.  (Read 849 times)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
SO of Super-attentive Service.
« on: January 08, 2013, 11:23:53 AM »
Have you ever had Super-Attentive service that you found funny?

Some years ago we decided on an Anniversary Dinner at the Grand Prospect Hall.  It was a gorgeous place and very formal.  The food was delicious but there weren't many diners.  When it came time for dessert we ordered Cherries Jubilee to be flambéed at the table. 

The waiters must have been bored out of their minds because we had four who came to make our dessert.  It was almost like a Marx Brothers routine.

Another time, we chose a lovely waterside restaurant for a special dinner.  The server asked if we wanted to hear the specials.  Each dish was described in what could almost be called a ode. 

We know that many servers in NYC restaurants are actors but this guy was auditioning for the Shakespeare Festival. 

In both cases, we had a hard time keeping a straight face.

What humorous instances of 'Fall-All-Over-You' service have you encountered?

Snooks

Re: SO of Super-attentive Service.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 03:59:04 PM »
Not so much fall all over you but I went to an all you can eat restaurant with a big group of people and the waiters practically stood in a circle around our table to make sure we ate all the food we ordered while also refusing to look at us so that we couldn't order the next course too early!

To give a bit of background, while it was all you can eat you ordered what you wanted via the waiters and the menu was set out in courses so you ate as many starters as you wanted then moved onto the next set of dishes on the menu which were inbetween starters and mains and then finished with mains.  I don't think they did dessert.

Coruscation

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 09:55:05 PM »
My aunt went to a restarant in Singapore. When it was time for dessert she wasn't very hungry and asked if she could have a peach. A special waiter came out with a special cart with a silver dome on it. He put on white gloves and lifted the dome. Inside was a peach and a small knife. He then peeled the peach, removed the stone and cut it into sections, placing them artistically on a small plate with garnish, then placed the plate and a small fork in front of her.

NyaChan

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 05:59:50 PM »
My aunt went to a restarant in Singapore. When it was time for dessert she wasn't very hungry and asked if she could have a peach. A special waiter came out with a special cart with a silver dome on it. He put on white gloves and lifted the dome. Inside was a peach and a small knife. He then peeled the peach, removed the stone and cut it into sections, placing them artistically on a small plate with garnish, then placed the plate and a small fork in front of her.

That's awesome :D Love it!