Author Topic: When you don't believe a tale.  (Read 4927 times)

m2kbug

Re: When you don't believe a tale.
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 02:17:06 PM »
It's not your job to babysit the roofers.  I can't imagine this company would allow this behavior.  They put up a sign and if anyone is harassed, that person can call the company.  I wouldn't blame the homeowner for crass behavior of workers, and nobody else should either.  I wouldn't worry too much about that. 

Drawberry

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 05:29:19 PM »
If you are concerned about the treatment a young lady might receive at the hands of individuals you've hired, perhaps it would be appropriate to strike up a conversation with her? Not necessarily about her possibly being harassed, as it might be something embarrassing she didn't want passed around or may be something your neighbor fabricated that could end up circling around and causing trouble. Perhaps something that implies you just want to be neighborly and keep the disturbances down, such as; 

"Hey so and so, I am having some roofers over during x and y times when I may not be home. If they start bothering you please let me know so I can talk to them about it. I hope the noise wont' be too much trouble."

That way you take off any implications you've heard something unsavory happening, are not confronting the roofers about something they may very well not have been involved with, and can maintain the privacy of the young lady if something DID happen that she does not wish to pursue.

MOM21SON

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 06:46:06 PM »
The roof is done and it is BEAUTIFUL!  Anyway, I was in and out most of the day and heard nor saw anything.

Drawberry, the woman hardly ever, I mean that I see, comes out of her house unless it is with her husband.

I have plenty of reason to believe that one or both neighbors were lying. 

It really doesn't matter now, because it is over.

Raintree

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 01:17:19 AM »
Glad it worked out!

Based on my own experiences as a teen (the age group that seems to get picked on the most by harassing men) I absolutely believe that roofers or other workers would call out vulgar and unbelievable things to a woman who stepped out to check her mail. My friends and I used to take detours to avoid walking past homes where there was any kind of construction/renovation going on for that reason.

Still, you have no evidence against THESE workers, so I guess I agree with everyone else. And it sounds like the issue turned out to be a non-issue in your case anyway.

Drawberry

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 12:10:54 PM »
The roof is done and it is BEAUTIFUL!  Anyway, I was in and out most of the day and heard nor saw anything.

Drawberry, the woman hardly ever, I mean that I see, comes out of her house unless it is with her husband.

I misunderstood and thought that the woman had personally told your less than trustworthy neighbor and was somehow in a casual relationship with her neighbors.Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I am glad all is well now and no problems arose.

Eeep!

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 06:09:53 PM »

This would make me wonder when in the world they were making the comments.  I really doubt they would do them if the husband was there!  So yeah, I'm with you - someone is lying.

I'm glad your roof is done! :)
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss