General Etiquette > Life...in general

When you don't believe a tale.

<< < (2/5) > >>

bopper:
Red flags:

Third hand source
Husband may be exagerating
"Don't tell owner" (Because he would investigate?)

I think I would just ignore it at this point.  The neighbor with a problem should contact the owner or the police if they have an issue.
Also, most likely for roofers, they have very transient workers and any problem workers are probably gone by now.

MOM21SON:

--- Quote from: shivering on January 08, 2013, 04:25:15 PM ---No, you don't have any obligation to hang around. Also, if you don't believe the story and it's all hearsay from not entirely credible sources, why would you say anything to the roofers?

Do you ever have the chance to talk to the neighbor without her husband around? You can ask her directly if she had any issues with the workers. If not, just let the roofers do their work.

--- End quote ---

I didn't say I was going to say anything to the roofers.  I asked if I should hang out and listen.

The people across the street are very private.  He is gone days at a time(military)and in the last 2 years, I have seen her maybe 5 times.

He always waves when outside and I have spoken to him maybe 10 times.  The neighbor that told me this tale is my direct next door neighbor and likes to be "in charge"

whatsanenigma:

--- Quote from: MOM21SON on January 08, 2013, 04:39:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: shivering on January 08, 2013, 04:25:15 PM ---No, you don't have any obligation to hang around. Also, if you don't believe the story and it's all hearsay from not entirely credible sources, why would you say anything to the roofers?

Do you ever have the chance to talk to the neighbor without her husband around? You can ask her directly if she had any issues with the workers. If not, just let the roofers do their work.

--- End quote ---

I didn't say I was going to say anything to the roofers.  I asked if I should hang out and listen.

--- End quote ---

If you were intending to be in your house anyway, I wouldn't go out of my way to not listen, but if you weren't planning on hanging around, I wouldn't change plans just to do that, to listen on purpose.  I think odds are very very low that there is any truth to the story and even if there is, I don't think you are obligated to babysit the roofers.  The person they speak to (on the very slim chance they do) should handle it in whatever way seems correct to that person, and maybe that would involve talking to you and maybe it wouldn't.

But in any case, I would stay out of it at this point if I were you, and just go about my already-planned business, and not go out of my way to hang around.

Amava:
I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, I don't think it is your responsibility to monitor how people who work on your house behave.
The person who has a problem with their behaviour (either by overhearing it, or by being the one who it is directed to) should take it up with the company themselves.
Not your problem.

Winterlight:
You've got third-hand evidence at best. I'd stay out of it unless you do hear something. And no, I don't think you need to monitor the roofers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version