General Etiquette > Life...in general

If you aren't paying for it, please stop using it

<< < (2/10) > >>

onyonryngs:
I would check with the post office to see what their suggestion is before sending the letter.

WillyNilly:
After 2 months of having the address, I'd just chuck the stuff.  If the other guy wanted his mail, he'd take steps to get it.  He hasn't therefore its junk.

You might want to confirm with the Post Office though that they have your name and company name, so they can stop delivering the stuff to you, to begin with.

I wouldn't bother to mail anything to anyone (a letter to the former owner of the box, send the stuff back, etc) - its just not worth my time at all.

norrina:
OP here, clarifying a couple things:

As far as I can tell, the company is no longer in business. I found a nearly $2mm judgment against the president, as personal guarantor of a loan for the business, from early 2012. The address that I have for the president, and that I believe is his home address, is the service of process address from that action. Alternatively, the corporation that this company was operating as has not been dissolved with the Secretary of State, so I could send a letter to the registered agent for the company, but he is 150 miles away.

The post office cares not one whit about me receiving this company's mail, they just want me to mark it undeliverable and toss it back into the outgoing mail. I'd love to just chuck it all in the trash, but that opens a big ole can of worms to do with federal law, so I'm not going to actually go that route. As far as checking with a lawyer, I AM a lawyer, and I'm pretty sure legally there's nothing I can do to make them fix this.  >:(

wolfie:
In that case I wouldn't bother sending him the letter. He doesn't want the mail (which I am guessing is a lot of bills) and has no incentive to do anything to make it easier on you. I would just collect the mail and dump it at the post office when it is convenient to you.

WillyNilly:

--- Quote from: norrina on January 08, 2013, 05:18:43 PM ---The post office cares not one whit about me receiving this company's mail, they just want me to mark it undeliverable and toss it back into the outgoing mail. I'd love to just chuck it all in the trash, but that opens a big ole can of worms to do with federal law, so I'm not going to actually go that route. As far as checking with a lawyer, I AM a lawyer, and I'm pretty sure legally there's nothing I can do to make them fix this.  >:(

--- End quote ---

Really?  I know you can't open someone else's mail, but I never heard you couldn't throw it out.  After all its your address, and the addressee is unknown (to you, officially).  It is trash.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version