General Etiquette > Life...in general

I think I screwed up - ideas on how to fix. Update #8, 17

<< < (4/5) > >>

jpcher:
Personally, I think your first response was perfectly fine. I don't think it was a screw up at all.

If I'm getting the time line correct . . . she posted the face-book get-together suggestion on Tuesday night. You responded Tuesday night? You posted here on Wednesday asking if your response was okay. Then on Wednesday you sent her a text message revising your response (which I also think was perfectly fine.) And today (Friday) you think that you are receiving the cut direct.

Forgive me for sounding a bit obtuse, but I was confused with the time line and just wanted to spell it out for myself.

I'm sorry, missmolly, but I think that you are jumping the gun with the thought of being given the cut direct.

The cut direct is a whole different ball game than a friend simply not contacting you within 3 days.

Maybe she's trying to work around her own schedule so that one of your offered days might work for her. Maybe she'll contact you when it's closer to February. Maybe her cat died and the get-together was put on hold for her?

I really hope that you are not overly upset about the fact that she did not get back to you as quickly as you would have liked.

lisat:
I'm sorbet why can't you just call her? I get that it seems like most everybody does this tex thing, but what is wrong with just calling?

missmolly:
Update: You guys were right - I was just being rather paranoid. Helen is usually a stickler for prompt replies, plus I did recently end another friendship with someone I had been friends with for ages, so when she failed to reply, I immediately jumped the gun.

Yesterday I called, didn't get through to her, but left a message on her voicemail. She sent me a text saying: "That's ok, we can meet up later".

Whew, sorry to sound like a complete whackaloon. It's just been a crazy couple of days I guess.

oopsie:

--- Quote from: missmolly on January 12, 2013, 04:35:00 PM ---Update: You guys were right - I was just being rather paranoid. Helen is usually a stickler for prompt replies, plus I did recently end another friendship with someone I had been friends with for ages, so when she failed to reply, I immediately jumped the gun.

Yesterday I called, didn't get through to her, but left a message on her voicemail. She sent me a text saying: "That's ok, we can meet up later".

Whew, sorry to sound like a complete whackaloon. It's just been a crazy couple of days I guess.

--- End quote ---

Ha ha! I've definitely been there.  ;D

Thanks for the update. Glad it all worked out.

Yvaine:

--- Quote from: lisat on January 12, 2013, 01:50:31 PM ---I'm sorbet why can't you just call her? I get that it seems like most everybody does this tex thing, but what is wrong with just calling?

--- End quote ---

Some people just like texting better. It's not inherently awful, and a phone call isn't a guarantee of actually getting ahold of the person either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version