Author Topic: Are they for real?  (Read 5084 times)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
Re: Are they for real?
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2013, 11:49:13 AM »
As a college student, I was standing by the clothes washer at the washeteria, reading a book, and waiting on the last three minutes or so of the spin cycle to stop.  I was the only person there &  it was after dark...this was in the late 1970s - so before cell phones.

I got tapped on the shoulder and when I turned around to see who it was and what they wanted, some blond idjit was backing away from me.  I didn't recognize him, so I went back to my book (science fiction, in the middle of an exciting scene, and much more interesting than some strange guy tapping the shoulder of a married* woman for unknown reasons).

Only to do a classic spit-take/double take when it penetrated my science fiction battle scene hazed brain that - he had his pants unzipped, pulled down around his hips, and his hands were trying to hold up his "junk" while playing with it, apparently in expectation of freaking me out for his kinky "delight".   I hadn't noticed much about his "junk" other than it wasn't immediately obvious to a near sighted person at a distance of ten feet...

I never got flashed at that laundromat again...alone or not!

*Mentioned only because I knew what guys looked like without clothes at that point.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

ica171

• Must Add Fabric Softener
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2013, 02:23:07 PM »
I agree with JoW. There are millions of consumer transactions per day, and the site features stories from all over the world. Finding five stories per day (and more in the "extras" section) of a customer or worker being rude/stupid probably isn't very hard. Some may be embellished, and some may be outright fake, but I bet most of them aren't.

Iris

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2013, 05:53:37 PM »
It's surprising how many stories on the sister site, Not Always Working, have shop assistants arguing with women buying computer games that girls don't play them. I can't believe those stories are real.

I can. I'm female, geeky, and a gamer (although I'm more into tabletop gaming than video games). And I've met too many women gamers who've experienced this kind of thing and worse to disbelieve it.

I'm female, 55, and have been fixing up older laptops for a while - I believe it.

I'm a 30 year old female and can totally believe it. I've had guys tell me that I'm just pretending to be nerdy to pick up men.

Am I the only one who finds this hilarious? 'Cause there's such a long documented history of women really, really wanting to go out with misogynistic nerds...

I should add that DH is as nerdy as they come :) Not a misogynistic bone in his body, though. I suspect that with some of these guys, their excuse that women wouldn't go out with them because they didn't get the whole gamer/comic book thing is dying and they're being forced to face the fact that women don't want to go out with them because they're jerks who have no respect for women. Much easier in the old days...
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.