Author Topic: Still dealing with my horrible boss.  (Read 2304 times)

ILoveMyCello

Still dealing with my horrible boss.
« on: January 09, 2013, 10:17:52 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am a teller in a bank that is in many states. I switched offices in July to be closer to home. I have been with the bank a little more than two years. I have never been written up.
In this office we have a teller manager (Stacy), an assistant manager (Cheri), and a bank manager (Carie). I am under all three.
When this bank merged with another bank about 7 years ago, Stacy was demoted-she used to be higher up in the same field.
The rule is that after you work in an office for a year, you are welcome to transfer. Basically I need to survive until July.
The problem is that Stacy talks about all of the tellers behind their backs. I have heard her talk about all of my coworkers behind their backs. I have heard her do it about everyone. I have begun documenting when she does it as well. The other problem is that when the bank manager asks us to do something (get one investment referral a week), she changes it (one a day) because she says she's "the boss of the tellers", not Carie. I think she does it because she thinks it will make us "like" her.
In addition, Stacy treats me way differently than the other tellers. She does more surprise audits on me than anyone else (I've been keeping track). When I had ATM deposits on my desk and went to give someone a phone message, she hid them because I didn't lock them up, even though I went two desks down. My mom went through the drive thru to make a deposit because she was too sick from cancer treatment, and Stacy accused me of breaking policy and doing her deposit. I am in a program where I train new hires and the first person I trained at this branch was a nightmare experience, because she kept randomly auditing my drawer and trying to prove me wrong while I was training. Remember, I've never been disciplined or written up.
I have been documenting everything, but I'm nervous that it will backfire on me. Is there anything else I can do to make my job easier? Stacy is on hormone medication which alters her mood, but this is terrible. She goes from being really nice to rude in seconds.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
Re: Still dealing with my horrible boss.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 10:33:49 AM »
Can you speak to one of the other managers? Does Stacy report to them? Esp. the part about her demanding requiring one investment referral a day, when the manager only wants one a week? Maybe ask the manager under the guise of wanting clarification, and see what she says.  And are the other managers aware of the stuff she's pulling, or do they just not care, and let her get away with it?

As for the other stuff, I'd continue documenting.  You never know when it may come in handy.  And hard as it may be, I'd try and ignore, and not engage her at all (not saying that you do) when she's talking about everyone behind their backs. Hopefully, it will backfire on her someday.

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 10:38:16 AM »
Can you speak to one of the other managers? Does Stacy report to them? Esp. the part about her demanding requiring one investment referral a day, when the manager only wants one a week? Maybe ask the manager under the guise of wanting clarification, and see what she says.  And are the other managers aware of the stuff she's pulling, or do they just not care, and let her get away with it?

As for the other stuff, I'd continue documenting.  You never know when it may come in handy.  And hard as it may be, I'd try and ignore, and not engage her at all (not saying that you do) when she's talking about everyone behind their backs. Hopefully, it will backfire on her someday.

POD.  You need to talk to your branch manager.  He needs to know about this stuff.

bopper

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 09:38:48 AM »
Keep documenting and talk to Stacy's manager or your human resources department.  Tell them when you were training new hires, she kept surprise auditing your drawers disrupting the training.  Also she did not follow procedure on the ATM deposits.  She falsely accused me of taking my mom's deposit through the drive through. You did an investment referral and she changed who got the referral to herself.Tell them that you welcome audits in general because of course the accuracy and quality of your work is very important, but Stacy is using audits as a weapon and not as a quality tool.  Also, (I assume) the results of the audits to not warrant this close attention...Your results of audits are (perfect, within norms).  Tell them that you have documentation on each of these incidents and what will be the next steps?

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 09:45:10 AM »
Keep documenting and talk to Stacy's manager or your human resources department.  Tell them when you were training new hires, she kept surprise auditing your drawers disrupting the training.  Also she did not follow procedure on the ATM deposits.  She falsely accused me of taking my mom's deposit through the drive through. You did an investment referral and she changed who got the referral to herself.Tell them that you welcome audits in general because of course the accuracy and quality of your work is very important, but Stacy is using audits as a weapon and not as a quality tool.  Also, (I assume) the results of the audits to not warrant this close attention...Your results of audits are (perfect, within norms).  Tell them that you have documentation on each of these incidents and what will be the next steps?

This and don't stop documenting or give all of your documentation away even if Stacy is given a reprimand or some other action is taken.  You may need all of this documentation later in life.  Not picking on the banking industry specifically, but sometimes it is a couple of years before something like this comes back to bite you in the butt and other odd things suddenly turn up.   
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:46:50 AM by Redneck Gravy »