Author Topic: Yes, I know I'm making it personal...  (Read 16997 times)

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
Re: Yes, I know I'm making it personal...
« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2013, 09:52:05 AM »
I'm going to say right off the bat that I stopped reading at page 5, so if someone has already said this, I apologize.

In my mind, this is a clear case of safety trumps etiquette.

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2013, 11:01:01 AM »
You are generally required to work with purple children in order to get purple certification.

Wait - so we know what "purple" stands for?  Because if it is what I think it is, and pink is what I think it is, then I do not see the big deal in the difference in technique.

That's why teachers get training, to understand the "big deal" about differences in technique.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

nayberry

« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2013, 12:30:10 PM »
^^ pod Twik

in my school year 6 at primary (5-11yrs old) we had a child with yellow syndrome,  they were lovely but if they got over excited or over stimulated it could cause a major meltdown,  this was just how they reacted.  the teacher had a learning support assistant who worked with the child and knew what signs to look out for, as did the teacher. 
one week we had a sub teacher who thought they knew it all, when LSA started to take child out of situations that were over stimulating the sub refused to allow it and was responsible (i was 10 and have no doubt it was down to them) for the child injuring themselves.
 that sub was written up and never allowed to come back to our school, the parents knew it was not the schools fault and never thought of litigation (i learnt a few years later as friend of the family)

it takes a lot of time and work to learn about different conditions, purple could very well be one that doesn't react well to be touched by non family or untrusted people.

OP i think the school owe you an apology, not the other way around.