General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

If you donít want to hear my answer, then why ask me the question?

<< < (3/3)

Jeremy:

--- Quote from: artk2002 on January 10, 2013, 03:50:14 PM ---Personally, I think "Good luck with your problem, then" and walking away is an excellent response.

--- End quote ---

I agree.  I would also go further and refuse to answer any more of her queries, because answering her is obviously pointless.  It might teach her not to ask questions in future if she's not going to pay attention to the answers.

Coley:

--- Quote from: artk2002 on January 10, 2013, 03:50:14 PM ---Personally, I think "Good luck with your problem, then" and walking away is an excellent response.

--- End quote ---

POD. If the problem isn't something you are responsible for fixing (i.e., she needs to take it to IT), then I'd probably say, "Sounds like a problem for IT," and I'd wish her good luck with it.

BeagleMommy:
I might try writing down the answer, handing it to her and say "Tell IT this.".  Otherwise I'd go with "Okay, good luck with your problem.".

Iris:

--- Quote from: Morticia on January 10, 2013, 03:22:07 PM ---How about a little boundary setting? "Don't shush me. If you don't want an answer, don't ask a question."

--- End quote ---

This. Personally I think it is unacceptable for one adult to say 'shush' to another, especially in a profession a setting. I would say this to her every single time she said 'shush' to me, no matter what the question was.

MissRose:
If this person keeps this up, it could go into PD territory.  Honestly, here is how I would handle it:

Co-worker: I need this setup done to do my job

Me: Just a few moments please, let me go into the systems for you to do what is needed.

Co-worker: Shush, I can go to IT directly to do it faster

Me: I can get it done now, or if you submit an IT ticket to the help desk group per office procedure, the request takes much longer.  Do you wish to wait a 1/2 day at least or not?

Co-worker: Go on, do what you need to do.

Me: Work is done, you can go on and get the TPS reports out now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version