General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

If you don’t want to hear my answer, then why ask me the question?

<< < (2/3) > >>

artk2002:
Personally, I think "Good luck with your problem, then" and walking away is an excellent response.

zyrs:
I might answer her next question with; "I know how to fix it and if you don't shush me I will tell you how."

bansidhe:

--- Quote from: Sheila Take a Bow on January 10, 2013, 03:14:21 PM ---She asked, “What is it?”  I started to tell her and she said, “Shush!  IT can just figure it out.”
--- End quote ---

She honest-to-goodness, really says "shush" to you?  :o  Perhaps I'm overly sensitive about this issue, but I'm tempted to give you a medal for responding as politely as you did. This would make me see red.

I think if I were you and she asked me another question, I would remind her that she told me to shut up last time and inform her that I'm not willing to help her unless she promises not to do that again.

diesel_darlin:

--- Quote from: Morticia on January 10, 2013, 03:22:07 PM ---How about a little boundary setting? "Don't shush me. If you don't want an answer, don't ask a question."

--- End quote ---

This. Shushing me pretty much guarantees that I will have no further interest in anything she would say.

YummyMummy66:
I think your title says it all and this is what you should say each and every time she tries to "shush" you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version