General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

If you don’t want to hear my answer, then why ask me the question?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Personally, I think "Good luck with your problem, then" and walking away is an excellent response.

I might answer her next question with; "I know how to fix it and if you don't shush me I will tell you how."

--- Quote from: Sheila Take a Bow on January 10, 2013, 02:14:21 PM ---She asked, “What is it?”  I started to tell her and she said, “Shush!  IT can just figure it out.”
--- End quote ---

She honest-to-goodness, really says "shush" to you?  :o  Perhaps I'm overly sensitive about this issue, but I'm tempted to give you a medal for responding as politely as you did. This would make me see red.

I think if I were you and she asked me another question, I would remind her that she told me to shut up last time and inform her that I'm not willing to help her unless she promises not to do that again.

--- Quote from: Morticia on January 10, 2013, 02:22:07 PM ---How about a little boundary setting? "Don't shush me. If you don't want an answer, don't ask a question."

--- End quote ---

This. Shushing me pretty much guarantees that I will have no further interest in anything she would say.

I think your title says it all and this is what you should say each and every time she tries to "shush" you.

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version