Author Topic: Asking Stranger to help with TY Note  (Read 1956 times)

sparksals

• Super Hero!
Asking Stranger to help with TY Note
« on: January 11, 2013, 03:27:44 PM »
I was on a favourite site of mine pertaining to travel.  Someone posted in a thread about 'interesting conversations' with seatmates about the young newly married couple who asked him if he had anything to do on the flight.  This was before laptops, DVDs etc.  He responded no, and the newly married wife handed him a stack of TY notes and the corresponding list of gifts and they all wrote Thank You's on the international flight. 

Personally, I would be APPALLED if someone requested this of me.  It was a guy and he found it quite humourous.  My ehell phrase would have been 'I'm afraid that won't be possible'.

bloo

Re: Asking Stranger to help with TY Note
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 03:36:20 PM »
That would definitely be 'situational'!  ;D

If the guy found it humorous and went along with it, my assumption is he hit it off with the couple and they really liked each other - at least for the duration of the flight.

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 03:39:34 PM »
Definitely situational.  My reaction would have been different.  lol

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 03:45:42 PM »
Mine too. I probalby would have said, nope, don't have anything to do, which was my intention! 

Tabby Uprising

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 03:50:53 PM »
I can see myself laughing and saying "sure!" thinking it was a joke and then being completely caught off guard when I realized she was serious!

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 03:59:29 PM »
I might be delighted because that would be sure to win me craziest seatmates on a plane no matter who else was telling stories.

EMuir

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 04:22:13 PM »
I think I'd actually like to do that kind of thing.  But if not, I wouldn't feel bad refusing either. :)

bloo

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 04:48:17 PM »
I might be delighted because that would be sure to win me craziest seatmates on a plane no matter who else was telling stories.

Extra points if you actually sign your name (Sharnita) to the 'thank you' cards!

>:D jk!

delabela

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 04:59:10 PM »
This might make me laugh enough to actually help.  Not to mention I'd usually rather be anywhere but on a plane, so at least I'd have something to focus on!

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 05:05:01 PM »
I don't think I would trust a stranger to write thank you notes.

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 05:08:22 PM »
Dear Aunt Sue and Uncle Marshall,
I just met Jan & Pete as well all jet off to Europe.  They tell me you are a lovely couple and they seem to genuinely appreciate your generous gift of a new microwave.  I'm sure they very much enjoyed seeing you at the wedding and only regret they couldn't chat with you longer to tell you about their seating assignments for the 6 hour flight to their honeymoon.  I will think of you fondly as I make my sales presentation to the overseas market.
Warmest regards,
WillyNilly, seat 16A

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 05:22:53 PM »
I just met Jan & Pete as well all jet off to Europe.  They tell me you are a lovely couple and they seem to genuinely appreciate your generous gift of a new microwave.  I'm sure they very much enjoyed seeing you at the wedding and only regret they couldn't chat with you longer to tell you about their seating assignments for the 6 hour flight to their honeymoon.  I will think of you fondly as I make my sales presentation to the overseas market.
Warmest regards,
WillyNilly, seat 16A

You win!

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 12:22:02 AM »
I don't think I would trust a stranger to write thank you notes.

Exactly.

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 12:23:14 AM »
Warmest regards,
WillyNilly, seat 16A

I seriously went to click a 'like' button with this post!

Promise

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 12:25:55 AM »
Warmest regards,
WillyNilly, seat 16A

Best way to handle it ever! I too wish there were a like button.