Author Topic: Hi all, need advice for dealing with this.  (Read 11865 times)

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
Re: Hi all, need advice for dealing with this.
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2013, 02:23:28 PM »
Violetfire ~~  Even though your husband has talked with her and even though it seems she realizes (at least to some extent) that she had ventured waaaaay past any kind of reasonable boundary lines, I'd still make sure I kept hard copies of those emails and also keep those "grandparents' rights" clippings stashed away somewhere in an envelope just in case another event arises in the future and she begins threatening again.  You'll want and need to have a paper trail of all of this.  In addition, please write down the date she visited your house with strangers and tried to 'convert' your husband away from his chosen profession. 

Hopefully all the stuff can be shoved into a big envelope and stuck at the end of the top shelf of your closet never to be referenced again.  But for your own and your husband's peace of mind, you need to know that you have it there ... just in case.

zyrs

• spiffily male.
Re: Hi all, need advice for dealing with this.
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2013, 06:04:43 PM »
My first reply was rather abrupt because while I was making it my wife entered the room - I hit reply because I wanted to read the OP to her.  Her Ghast was flabbered.

You were not rude at all.  Your mil brought a stranger into your home, didn't bother to introduce the stranger to you and spent time allowing the stranger and herself to insult your husband's choice of career to his face in his own home.  That's a pretty incredible example of rudeness - I'm surprised she didn't stand on the coffee table like my own nutcase rude person, but that would have just made it more surreal.

MrTango has some good advice, I would follow it.

"Ghast was flabbered" is my new favorite thing!  ;D

And did you really have some stand on your coffee table?!?!?  ??? :o :o :o :o Please tell me alcohol was involved and not just batpoo insanity! Please tell me it was a crowded, casual party and not an intimate setting where all involved were gathered around said table - I just broke my brain trying to picture the latter.  :(

I sent you a private message