Author Topic: s/o things in movies/books that would lead to a restraining order in RL  (Read 21331 times)

Shalamar

Re: s/o things in movies/books that would lead to a restraining order in RL
« Reply #150 on: January 16, 2013, 12:56:23 PM »
It's a remix from Buffy and Twilight

I remember that!  I think I'd pay good money to see Buffy beat the tar out of Edward. 

sourwolf

« Reply #151 on: January 16, 2013, 01:06:45 PM »

I remember that!  I think I'd pay good money to see Buffy beat the tar out of Edward.

This doesn't really have anything to do with the topic, but I've seen clips of interviews with Rob Pattinson (aka Edward) and I swear he hates Twilight as much as anyone - maybe even more.  It's kind of funny in a sad sort of way. http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/articles/7-hints-robert-pattinson-hates-twilight  and http://robertpattinsonhatingtwilight.tumblr.com/ (NSFW, language)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 01:12:03 PM by sourwolf »

NyaChan

« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2013, 01:06:53 PM »

Very funny, nicely done :)

Firecat

« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2013, 01:14:16 PM »

Very funny, nicely done :)

I'll have to watch that when I'm not at work. But I suspect I'll love it, because I already own (and proudly wear) the t-shirt that says "And then Buffy staked Edward. The End."

I've been known to refer to "Baby, It's Cold Outside" as "The Ode to Date Rape," and to "As Long As He Needs Me" as "The Ode to Codependency."

amylouky

« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2013, 01:24:31 PM »
Oh, another one.. the kids' book "I love you forever".  I'll probably lose my mommy badge for saying that, but it's creepy! It starts out OK, with the mom singing the "I love you forever" song to her baby.. then as he grows.. but when it ends with her sneaking over to his house in the middle of the night, when he's a grown man, and climbing in his window to sing the song to him (while he's sleeping).. yeah, my Mom would be getting a mental inquest warrant, not just a restraining order.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 01:34:51 PM by amylouky »

KimberlyM

« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2013, 02:09:10 PM »
Oh, another one.. the kids' book "I love you forever".  I'll probably lose my mommy badge for saying that, but it's creepy! It starts out OK, with the mom singing the "I love you forever" song to her baby.. then as he grows.. but when it ends with her sneaking over to his house in the middle of the night, when he's a grown man, and climbing in his window to sing the song to him (while he's sleeping).. yeah, my Mom would be getting a mental inquest warrant, not just a restraining order.

So happy to hear someone else say that!  My step dad bought that book for my 4 year old, creeped me out so bad the first time I read it.  I get the willies every time he asks me to read that to him! It's not sweet, it downright weird! 

Jones

« Reply #156 on: January 16, 2013, 02:33:14 PM »
See, I always thought the son wasn't actually awake; he left his window unlatched and learned the song himself, as he sang it to his mother at the end.

snowflake

« Reply #157 on: January 16, 2013, 02:40:43 PM »
See, I always thought the son wasn't actually awake; he left his window unlatched and learned the song himself, as he sang it to his mother at the end.

Whether he accepted this practice or not, I still find this book crazy and horribly creepy.  I was told that I would understand when I had a son.

Yep.  That book is still creepy.

Snooks

« Reply #158 on: January 16, 2013, 03:41:32 PM »
Creepy song: You're Beautiful by James Blunt
She smiled at me on the subway.
She was with another man.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan.

Really James? You've got a plan.  I mean at least he admits they're not going to be together but you've got to worry about what his plan might be for the random girl on the train.

amylouky

« Reply #159 on: January 16, 2013, 03:51:29 PM »

Whether he accepted this practice or not, I still find this book crazy and horribly creepy.  I was told that I would understand when I had a son.

Yep.  That book is still creepy.

He wasn't awake.. from the book (hope this is okay),

That teenager grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was a grown-up man. He left home and got a house across town. But sometimes on dark nights the mother got into her car and drove across town.  If all the lights in her son's house were out, she opened his bedroom window, crawled across the floor, and looked up over the side of his bed. If that great big man was really asleep she picked him up and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while she rocked him she sang:

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

Great. Now I'm going to have nightmares of my mom sneaking in my window and trying to pick me up while I'm sleeping.

squeakers

« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2013, 03:56:59 PM »

I used to read that to my oldest son when he was little.  It always made me cry because I am such a sappy hearted person.  Then I read it again when he turned 18 and we laughed at how creepy it really was.  He added some lines like "and then the son pulled out a shotgun from under the bed and blew his mom away because he thought she was a burglar."  Or "They were in the midst of "scrabble" and the DIL heard a noise.  She turned around to see her MIL with a creepy beatific smile on her face and a butcher's knife in her hand."
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

yokozbornak

« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2013, 04:13:33 PM »

I actually always appreciated the absurdity.  I remember tearing up as I read the first few pages, and then laughing at the silliness of mom breaking in and rocking him to sleep.  The book goes from being so sentimental to so silly and far-fetched that it made me giggle.  And then I read the last page about him taking care of mom at the end, rocking her, and telling her he will love her forever, that his mommy she will always be, and I start crying like a baby.  Heck, I am tearing up just typing this.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 04:17:32 PM by yokozbornak »

Snooks

« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2013, 04:19:45 PM »
Is that book the prequel to Psycho?

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #163 on: January 16, 2013, 04:27:49 PM »
Is that book the prequel to Psycho?

Heehee!
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Girlie

« Reply #164 on: January 16, 2013, 04:39:06 PM »
lol. I have that book! I remember even as a little girl thinking, "Well, no wonder he's not married..."