General Etiquette > Life...in general

So, souvenir time and how I should give them :D

<< < (2/3) > >>

Perfect Circle:

--- Quote from: Thipu1 on January 14, 2013, 09:51:13 AM ---The best thing to do is make the dinner invitation.  If your friend is uncomfortable, he can just decline. 

Attending a funeral doesn't mean life stops.  Depending on how close the deceased was, your friend might appreciate getting back to a normal routine.

--- End quote ---

I absolutely agree.

I think you might be over thinking this a bit. Just invite your friend to dinner and give him his gift.

Sharnita:
I think it will probably be OK. I guess there are a frw circumstances where it could be strange  - sorry your mom died, here's a pinata.

that_one_girl:
Perhaps your friend would enjoy knowing about the symbolism of the gift?  I would, but I love learning about new cultures.

Seiryuu:

--- Quote from: that_one_girl on January 14, 2013, 08:20:19 PM ---Perhaps your friend would enjoy knowing about the symbolism of the gift?  I would, but I love learning about new cultures.

--- End quote ---
Seeing as how he came from a funeral, probably not.

Thanks guys. I'm probably just overthinking this. I tend to be very cautious with sensitive matters like these.

wolfie:

--- Quote from: Seiryuu on January 14, 2013, 10:47:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: that_one_girl on January 14, 2013, 08:20:19 PM ---Perhaps your friend would enjoy knowing about the symbolism of the gift?  I would, but I love learning about new cultures.

--- End quote ---
Seeing as how he came from a funeral, probably not.

Thanks guys. I'm probably just overthinking this. I tend to be very cautious with sensitive matters like these.

--- End quote ---

Why  not? I think you are over thinking things. Unless this was an exceptionally close family member most people go back to life as usual a day or two after the funeral. It's sad, but it doesn't really change your life that much that great-aunt sally passed away. And if it is a very close person and your life will never be the same, then you welcome distractions and the ideas that life goes on - you can't mourn 24 -7 - you need some relief from that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version