Author Topic: Another thank you note from children question  (Read 1044 times)

PurpleFrog

Another thank you note from children question
« on: January 15, 2013, 03:10:48 AM »
I have two boys Froglet 3 and Tadpole 1. I've been terrible with sending out their thank you note for Christmas this year and have yet to do so. Would it be ok for me to help Froglet write the thank you for him and his brother and sign it, or should I help Froglet write his & write one on Tadpoles behalf myself? I'm still not used to this two children thing, coupled with the fact the boys got some gifts from unexpected people which has thrown me slightly.
[img width=400 height=88]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10773;484/st/20120825/e/Our+Wedding/dt/-1/k/450f/eve

Margo

Re: Another thank you note from children question
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 05:47:53 AM »
I think it would be better to have separate notes, (or separate spaces on the same note). I think expecting Froglet to write notes for his brother is a bad precedent.
If anyone gave them a joint gift I think it would be OK for you to write the thank you and get Froglet to sign his name, or to add a small drawing or something.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 08:33:25 AM »
Since my kids were not capable of writing a thank you at age 3, I vote for you writing a note from both of them to the gift giver.  And age 1, my kids understood that the appropriate thing to say was "thank you" when handed something, but they definetly didn't understand the concept of the word, so I wouldn't expect a heartfelt thank you from a 1 yr old but would expect the parent to thank me for remembering their child.

mstigerlily

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 10:15:38 AM »
I'd write the TY note myself (I think you can combine both kids' in one note, but be specific), then have Froglet "sign" it and see if Tadpole can "sign" it too.

Actually, what I'd really love to receive is a TY note written by you with a drawing/coloring/scribble by Froglet (of his toy would be best). A picture of the kids on Christmas opening packages or even the note being "signed" by the kids' handprints would be precious too. These are all things I've received from my cousins' kids or friends' kids and which have graced my fridge for days afterwards!

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 11:10:07 AM »
I'd write the TY note myself (I think you can combine both kids' in one note, but be specific), then have Froglet "sign" it and see if Tadpole can "sign" it too.

Actually, what I'd really love to receive is a TY note written by you with a drawing/coloring/scribble by Froglet (of his toy would be best). A picture of the kids on Christmas opening packages or even the note being "signed" by the kids' handprints would be precious too. These are all things I've received from my cousins' kids or friends' kids and which have graced my fridge for days afterwards!

We received TYs like this from Neice and her children.  After the season, we throw out most holiday cards.  These we keep because we find them adorable.