Author Topic: Seriously Offended By A Friend  (Read 5122 times)

msulinski

Re: Seriously Offended By A Friend
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 10:52:25 AM »
The fact that he does'nt remember isn't an excuse, and doesn't mean he doesn't have to apologize. There is a good chance that, even though he may not remmeber, he still meant it.

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 11:11:58 AM »
DH went back to the pub a little while ago and sure enough, Charlie was there. DH confronted him and Charlie says he doesn't remember anything about it that he must have been drunk. He was falling all over himself apologizing. DH told him that he needs to apologize to me and he said that he would next time he saw me. Embarrassed, Charlie finished his beer and left.

From the OP - Charlie's reaction to being told he offended the OP leads me to believe he is being honest and he already did apologize to the DH and said he would apologize to the OP.

Auntie Mame

• Live! Live! LIVE!
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 12:45:46 PM »
Did he say this to you after tasting the pepperoni?  I can see someone saying I want to marry you if something is good.  And if drunk, fornicate/sex/screw etc. 

However it doesn't make it right but maybe easier to deal with him if that's the case, just a poorly disguised compliment.

This.  I once told my BF I was going to dump him for the truffle cheese I was eating.  Or proposed marriage to a friend of either gender after tasting their cooking.

I would accept his spology this once.
Auntie needs fuel, black coffee and a side car.

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 12:50:28 PM »
Did he say this to you after tasting the pepperoni?  I can see someone saying I want to marry you if something is good.  And if drunk, fornicate/sex/screw etc. 

However it doesn't make it right but maybe easier to deal with him if that's the case, just a poorly disguised compliment.

This.  I once told my BF I was going to dump him for the truffle cheese I was eating.  Or proposed marriage to a friend of either gender after tasting their cooking.

I would accept his spology this once.

Especially with his reaction, that's what makes me think it was a poorly said compliment to her over the pepperoni.  I use the word poorly as I wouldn't be offended but he should have known the OP would be by that wording.