Author Topic: Why didn't you tell me that when I asked?  (Read 6493 times)

CrazyDaffodilLady

Re: Why didn't you tell me that when I asked?
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2013, 01:09:00 PM »
. . . Next time I saw Samantha she said that porkchops were usually a favorite food so she was not sure what the issue was - but no apology, in fact she asked if "We could try it again sometime"

In addition to the family's appalling behavior at the cookout and the lack of an apology, Samantha seems to be angling for another invite from you.  You hosted her family.  She now needs to reciprocate in some manner.  I suspect that in addition to being boors, this is a family of moochers. 
It takes two people to play tug of war. If you don't want to play, don't pick up the rope.

lowspark

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2013, 02:35:37 PM »
  Next time I saw Samantha she said that porkchops were usually a favorite food so she was not sure what the issue was - but no apology, in fact she asked if "We could try it again sometime"

Wut!
I'm dying to know how you responded to this.

As far as the gagging noises, I would have had no problems telling that child to stop that immediately if her parents didn't. That's something I wouldn't tolerate from anyone.

And if she wasn't sure what the issue was, then why was she also making noises about how we should have "had hot dogs or burgers for the kids"?? Makes no sense.

And one more question. Did these lovely folks contribute anything to the fare, or did they just show up, expecting to be fed, and then make this rude and ungrateful display of themsleves?

BeagleMommy

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2013, 03:01:42 PM »
OP, you did nothing wrong.  When a parent tells me "My kids will eat anything" I take that as it sounds.  I have a kid who would have, and still does, eat anything.  Only now he cooks it as well.  I may have to have him experiment on making the maple vinaigrette.  If he figures it out I'll post it to the receipe section.