Forum Administration > Glitches, errors, problems

Help!!! THE board is logging me as another person. How>? whY?

<< < (2/6) > >>

snowdragon:

--- Quote from: Zilla on January 16, 2013, 02:48:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: snowdragon on January 16, 2013, 02:34:50 PM ---Somehow the board logged me as waterwren in the deaf culture thread....I am not waterwren and I want no trouble with her ( although I have never seen her before) and would like to get this straightened out before I get banned for posting as her/stealing passwords/ whatever.  Can someone straighten this out?

--- End quote ---
Who is waterwren and why would you get banned?

--- End quote ---

Waterwren was/is apparently another poster. that much I know. But many boards will ban folks for things like posting under someone else's account, ect. Normally you can't post on many boards with out a password so presumably if you are posting under another name you are either a dual account ( a no-no on many boards) or have stolen a password.
  I have done neither, have never met anyone on this board - but do post from several public networks  ( school, and the public libraries being the two biggest.)
 I am really weirded out that this happened.

snowdragon:

--- Quote from: sourwolf on January 16, 2013, 02:53:37 PM ---I'm confused.  In this thread you are saying you have never seen the other poster but in the other thread you said:

--- Quote from: snowdragon on January 16, 2013, 02:31:27 PM ---Why is the board logging me as Waterwren, I am snowdragon...there is something seriously wrong here.  I've read many of Waterwren's posts and I am not her, nor do I share her attitudes about oh. so many things.

--- End quote ---

How would you know that you don't share her attitudes if you have never seen her?

--- End quote ---

because I have never met her, and never even seen her online.  I can read her with out "seeing" her, if you know what I mean

sourwolf:

--- Quote from: snowdragon on January 16, 2013, 02:55:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: sourwolf on January 16, 2013, 02:53:37 PM ---I'm confused.  In this thread you are saying you have never seen the other poster but in the other thread you said:

--- Quote from: snowdragon on January 16, 2013, 02:31:27 PM ---Why is the board logging me as Waterwren, I am snowdragon...there is something seriously wrong here.  I've read many of Waterwren's posts and I am not her, nor do I share her attitudes about oh. so many things.

--- End quote ---

How would you know that you don't share her attitudes if you have never seen her?

--- End quote ---

because I have never met her, and never even seen her online.  I can read her with out "seeing" her, if you know what I mean

--- End quote ---

No, I'm afraid I don't know what you mean.  I mean none of us are actually "seeing" each other (unless there's some cool threads I'm missing out on!) Anyway though, good luck getting this all straightened out!

Tabby Uprising:

--- Quote from: snowdragon on January 16, 2013, 02:34:50 PM ---Somehow the board logged me as waterwren in the deaf culture thread....I am not waterwren and I want no trouble with her ( although I have never seen her before) and would like to get this straightened out before I get banned for posting as her/stealing passwords/ whatever.  Can someone straighten this out?

--- End quote ---

For whatever it's worth, snowdragon, in my thread you are only "snowdragon". I don't see any posts from waterwren in that thread.

gorplady:
POD to Zilla. Honestly, if there's just a forum glitch, you shouldn't have to worry. I'm sure this has happened before and it all gets straightened out and nobody gets banned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version