General Etiquette > Techno-quette

Any way to find out if my niece is serious?

<< < (2/11) > >>

oogyda:

--- Quote from: Twik on January 16, 2013, 04:16:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: Shoo on January 16, 2013, 04:04:07 PM ---You want to send her a message indicating you think something she might believe is "sillyness?"

That's not likely to go over well.  What do you hope to accomplish?

--- End quote ---

Probably the same thing people want to do when they send Snopes links.

--- End quote ---

Oh, you mean the "I know more/better than you." thing?

Yvaine:

--- Quote from: oogyda on January 19, 2013, 07:25:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: Twik on January 16, 2013, 04:16:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: Shoo on January 16, 2013, 04:04:07 PM ---You want to send her a message indicating you think something she might believe is "sillyness?"

--- End quote ---

Probably the same thing people want to do when they send Snopes links.

--- End quote ---

Oh, you mean the "I know more/better than you." thing?

--- End quote ---

Well, if it's what I think it is, it isn't just a harmless sort of legend, it really is horribly offensive as ladymaureen has said, and spits in the face of some badly hurting people and has led to some of them being harassed. I would defriend for this in any case other than a close relative. It being a close relative muddies things a bit, and I might just hide their feed to resist the temptation to unload exactly what I think of it.

Sharnita:
oogyda, let's say it is a link saying your family committed genocide with photos rigged to look like it was true. Would a snopes link that disproved the claim be petty oneupmanship or might it serve a public good?

Surianne:

--- End quote ---

I agree, I'm not sure why you feel the need to get involved here.  Without more information* I'd say stay out of it.

*Some other posters seem to know what you're talking about, OP, but I have no idea.

oogyda:

--- Quote from: Sharnita on January 19, 2013, 07:44:22 PM ---oogyda, let's say it is a link saying your family committed genocide with photos rigged to look like it was true. Would a snopes link that disproved the claim be petty oneupmanship or might it serve a public good?
[/quote

I don't know.  Since I, like others, don't know what you're talking about, I can't make that determination.

Unless you can be specific, please do not scold me or others who aren't in the know.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version