Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

Healthy snacks? I need some variety!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Miriam:
I like a spoonful of Justin's Honey PB with apple slices, celery, whole wheat English muffins, etc. it's all natural and inexpensive at my local TT.

KenveeB:
There's no foods I'm trying to avoid, just heavy on the fruits and veggies. (I'm doing Weight Watchers and am trying to keep snacks under 4 points, I'd that helps.)

I'm not a fan of oatmeal, but I'd never thought of soup as a snack. Thanks! The Rnhlish muffins sound good too. Trying to think if things that are easy to prepare and eat at work. ;)

audrey1962:
My husband is on WW and he snacks on whole fruit: apples, bananas, berries (he mixes blueberries, raspberries and blackberries), strawberries, etc. Basically, anything that is 0 points. If he has points to use up he eats barbecue-flavored pop chips or salt-and-vinegar potato straws (I believe those are baked). Pretzels sometimes, if we have them, which are tasty dipped in hummus or peanut butter.

camlan:
Do you have a toaster at work? One of my favorite snacks is a piece of toast or a toasted English muffin, a drizzle of olive oil and half an avocado smooshed onto the bread with a fork, with a tiny sprinkle of salt. If you don't have a toaster, you could try crispbread or flat bread instead.

Also consider changing up your favorites a little. Instead of always carrots and hummus, try some green pepper strips and broccoli and celery and snow peas and cherry tomatoes. Instead of always hummus, try some low-fat ranch dressing, or tzatziki or garlic-yogurt dip.

Several months ago, I was searching for healthy snacks, because I have the same problem of getting stuck in a rut, and came up with this list. Maybe there's something here that you would like. I don't do Weight Watchers, so I'm sorry I don't know how many points these would be.

Greek yogurt and blueberries
Cottage cheese
Cheese & crackers (Laughing Cow)
Chocolate almond butter & crispbread
Hummus & vegetables
Pear & string cheese
Raw vegetables & salad dressing
Blue cheese stuffed olives (7)
Pretzels & mustard
Edamame with salt
Popcorn
Baked chips & salsa
Graham crackers & milk
Applesauce & pecans (1 cup; 10 pecans)
Celery & cream cheese
Apple w/ Swiss cheese
Avocado toast
Baked garbanzo beans
English muffin pizza
Bean Tostada (corn tortilla; cup fat-ree refried beans, 2 tbls. Cheddar, heat in micro until cheese melts)
Stuffed baked potato (new potato, salsa, cheddar cheese, sour cream, chives)
Whole wheat waffle w/Nutella
Tomato w/mozzarella (basil, olive oil drizzle)
Tuna (tossed with lemon juice, sliced black olives)
Orange & almonds (12 almonds or 7 walnuts)
Wasabi peas (1/2 cup)
Cashews (18)
Corn nuts
Turkey jerky
Dried apricots (1/4 cup)
Turkey wrap (turkey, flatbread, lettuce, tomato, cucumber)
Cherries (1 cup)
Pistachios (1/2 cup in shell)
Sunflower seeds (1 oz.)
Fruit sorbet
Dried figs
Whole wheat English muffin with peanut butter
Hot chocolate
Luna bars
Cheese melt (cocktail size rye bread, cheddar, broil, top w/slice tomato & caraway seeds)
Parmesan pita crisps (2 tbls grated Parmesan over whole-wheat pita, teaspoon oregano, broil.)
Creamy Feta-Walnut Dip (1 c greek yogurt, c feta, 2 cl. garlic, 2 tbls chopped walnuts, black pepper, tsp hot sauce)

JenJay:
My go-to snack when I'm hungry but don't want a meal is a handful of mixed nuts (the "fancy" mix with no peanuts, either raw or roasted and low-salt) and a glass of milk. Sometimes I'll add a couple slices of cheddar or a string cheese or some olives.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version