General Etiquette > Techno-quette

About ready to defined...

<< < (2/4) > >>

zyrs:
Defriend is my vote.

MariaE:

--- Quote from: Surianne on January 17, 2013, 10:09:25 AM ---I love this, by the way:

--- Quote from: Audrey Quest on January 17, 2013, 12:28:18 AM ---"There is no demographic for bad music, just lost souls who don't know any better."

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I don't. I think it's horribly condescending. "Bad" music is subjective, and this comes across as "I say what music is bad and if you like it, it's because you're too stupid to know otherwise."

I thought the person in the OP was very restrained in her reply to that comment.

CakeEater:
Yep, defriend and don't look back. FB is a wonderful thing for keeping in contact with people you would otherwise lose contact with. But I think all parties need to realise that without FB, you would have lost contact, and keep comments to a level that is appropriate.

I have a number of 'friends' on FB who I am interested in seeing what they're up to, but I don't know them well enough any more to make any but the most general comments on their posts.

CrochetFanatic:
I'm FB friends with a few opinionated people, and aside from the occasional head-shake or double-take, I just ignore their comments.  And, like you, I've been angered and offended when they aggressively tried to make me change my opinion.  One can argue facts because they are what they are and the argument can be won, but opinions are very personal.  There is no "right" or "wrong", and both she and you are entitled to your own.  Her getting on your case and trying to make you "see the light" is not only not okay, it's counterproductive.  I'd either hide her comments from my news feed, or defriend her.

angilamae:
Were you specific in the song you were complaining about?  She may have liked the song and been embarresed or hurt.  Obvioulsy she should have just taken the gentle ribbing about her music and thrown oen back or whatever though.  I would defriend her.  She does seem a bit boring and you obviously don't like her much.  Or at least block her from commenting or something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version