Author Topic: Oh mothers, or "I think I can dress myself, Mom"  (Read 14133 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: Oh mothers, or "I think I can dress myself, Mom"
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2013, 01:19:18 PM »
My DH likes long hair too but he'd complain about how I wanted nicer shampoos and they weren't cheap.  Well we changed stores so now my favorite product (Organix coconut milk) is only $5 a bottle compared to almost $8 like it used to be.  I had to try and get it through to him that in order for long hair to look good, it needs products that will be nice to it and sometimes that means spending more than $2 per bottle.

I actually like having long hair too but it tangles so easily when it's long so I've decided to keep it a bit longer than shoulder length, long enough to pull into a ponytail but not as far as my waist.   Plus I've found the Organix shampoo is gentle on colored hair and makes it last longer than Suave did.  Which has the added bonus of keeping my hair its pretty shade of red longer and I don't have to buy color until the grays start to pop up. 

My MIL doesn't believe in coloring her mostly black hair that has a few patches of gray in it that she's apparently rather proud of cause she sees them as "badges of honor for dealing with stressful things!"  I love her but that's one of those things I don't agree on as I'd just as soon hide the evidences of stress. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

mmswm

« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2013, 03:57:30 PM »
Pirate, I'm with you.  I'm 37 and am NOT ready to show my "battle scars of age" quite yet.  Thankfully, I can pull off bottled reds fairly well, though it's not the fireball orange it used to be.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2013, 05:12:37 PM »
Heehee...I'm 34 and I'm going to color until I can't anymore and even then I may ask someone to do it for me. :) I like being a redhead and auburn suits me. :) Actually I'll even argue that since I had auburn hair as a toddler and preschooler, I'm simply going back to my original color before it darkened to a chestnut with auburn highlights.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata