General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

Cleaning out the office fridge aka 'you tossed out my food!'

<< < (9/9)

dirtyweasel:
Personally I would have left the note for the person who cleaned the fridge to see.  How else can you prevent this from happening again.  Leaving a note lets them see that they handled the situation poorly and (hopefully) prevents them from making the same mistake next time they decide to clean out the refrigerator without giving any notice.

oceanus:
OP - I think your note was okay.
But a talk with whoever tossed your food would be better, as another member suggested.

guihong:
For things like the butter that someone uses each lunch, what about borrowing a tip from Ehell and sticking a label (with masking tape) onto the edge of the shelf?  Something like "Do not toss anything in this space"? 

I think an email and notice in the break room that the fridge will be cleaned out on Friday afternoons at 4:00 (or whatever schedule) is sufficient, as long as it goes out by Tuesday at the latest.

If the whole thing has to be unplugged or defrosted, then further mention butters, jams, things like that so that people can get them.

VorFemme:

--- Quote from: guihong on January 28, 2013, 09:44:44 AM ---For things like the butter that someone uses each lunch, what about borrowing a tip from Ehell and sticking a label (with masking tape) onto the edge of the shelf?  Something like "Do not toss anything in this space"? 

I think an email and notice in the break room that the fridge will be cleaned out on Friday afternoons at 4:00 (or whatever schedule) is sufficient, as long as it goes out by Tuesday at the latest.

If the whole thing has to be unplugged or defrosted, then further mention butters, jams, things like that so that people can get them.

--- End quote ---

Or "Office Supplies - opened xx/xx/xx - good for [time period]", perhaps - creamer, sugar, butter/margarine, and the like might be supplied in some offices.  In others - "Jane's Creamer - good until xx/xx/xx" might work. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version