A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

The trouble kids get into-funny stories

(1/4) > >>

mmswm:
I've enjoyed reading the threads about kids' meltdowns and the funny things kids say.  I thought it might also be fun to share the funny stories of the trouble kids can get into.  Here's one of my favorites from my boys.

My oldest son used to watch my younger two on Saturday mornings for a couple hours.  One day, he decided to make pancakes.  The pancakes turn out well, but he got batter everywhere.  He tried to clean it up.  It was a big job.  So, in his 12 year old mind, he figures if a little soap is good, a lot would be better.  He proceeds to dump an entire bottle of dish soap on the floor.  Then he realized how slippery that makes the floor.  Oh cool!  Ice skating!  Inside!  All three boys engage. Thankfully nobody got hurt, but it took me hours to get all the soap and water off the kitchen floor and out of the bit of carpet that was right next to the kitchen.

2littlemonkeys:
I discovered just how fast a 2 year old can move with my oldest.

One night, I was making dinner and while it was in the oven, I sat down on my bed with my then toddler to watch a cartoon.  I got up to check on dinner's progress and when I came back less than one minute later, I discovered she'd managed to

stand up and reach a shelf
grab my pinkest bottle of nail polish
open it
dump it all over herself and the bed

I still don't know how she got it.  It was like she was waiting for me to leave the room.

I also discovered that nail polish will come out of fabric with remover.  I figured they were trashed anyway, what did I have to lose?  You never even knew it was there.  Kid took a little longer to clean up...

SDG31000:

--- Quote from: 2littlemonkeys on January 24, 2013, 12:44:44 PM ---I discovered just how fast a 2 year old can move with my oldest.

One night, I was making dinner and while it was in the oven, I sat down on my bed with my then toddler to watch a cartoon.  I got up to check on dinner's progress and when I came back less than one minute later, I discovered she'd managed to

stand up and reach a shelf
grab my pinkest bottle of nail polish
open it
dump it all over herself and the bed

I still don't know how she got it.  It was like she was waiting for me to leave the room.

I also discovered that nail polish will come out of fabric with remover.  I figured they were trashed anyway, what did I have to lose?  You never even knew it was there.  Kid took a little longer to clean up...

--- End quote ---

My DS1 did this when he was 2 as well, although he only covered himself in nail varnish.....from head to toe.  I was pregnant with DS2 and had to get my neighbour to help me scrub DS1.  We used every remover product we had between us and had to hold him over the sink and rinse his hair in the stuff.  He stunk of nail varnish remover for days afterwards.

I learnt quickly that when DS1 was quiet that he was up to something.  This kid painted the underside of a two week old mattress with my 18 lipstick, dialled the emergency services at my PIL's house and we found out when they called to check everything was ok as he was calling to talk to the nice lady an,d conned his grandad out of numerous ice creams until he was found out.  He also made it snow and rain on his train track, using powdered banana porridge baby food and a cup of juice.  That stuff set like cement and I had to practically chisle it out of the carpet.
DS2 just used to climb anything and everything, run away given the slightest chance and could throw tantrums that lasted 6 hours. He also didn't sleep through the night until he was 4 years old.  It's a wonder we all survived.

snowfire:
When I was a volunteer at a local rehab hospitals, one of the pediatric patients who was about 4 came in with most of their skin an interesting shade of greenish blue.  It turned out that older brother had decided to color younger sister with a blue permanent marker.  You cannot get the color off...it has to wear off.

kherbert05:
My Paternal  Aunt tried to fly out of a 2nd story window, she landed in a sturdy bush that cushioned her fall.

My Mom grew up in a place and time with a large divide between Catholics and Protestants. Her parents were a "mixed" marriage. That made Mom and her siblings targets of bullying sometimes.  One day my younger 3 Uncles were walking home with 2 other boys from another mixed family. A group of girls came up and said a crude version of the Hail Mary. The boys somehow tied the girls to a tree, and told them they were going to be tarred and feathered.

The boys left for awhile intending to come back and untie the girls - but they got called into the house. Part way through supper the girls and their parents showed up. My grandparents were ready to kill the boys - but the girls' parents made them appologize because it started with the crude version of the Hail Mary.

Mom and the rest of the older 5 used to spook their aunt that babysat. Aunt Stella was superstitious. They convinced her their house was haunted. Then they put milk bottles in the windows with the open end out. Being a island there is usually a good breeze. It would make "ghostly noise"

Mom had severe asthma. In an effort to keep her from getting pneumonia her parents and Doctor kept her housebound all winter (didn't work). She was the only one of the 10 kids to ever have her own room. The 5 boys shared 1 room 4 other girls shared a room. Her siblings sold tickets to other kids to come and listen to her breathe (wheeze). Her parents hit the roof.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version