A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

The trouble kids get into-funny stories

<< < (2/4) > >>

MommyPenguin:
My oldest got into a poopy diaper and spread it all over her room.  Twice.   :-\

She also once got into a tube of diaper rash cream and got it all over herself, a bathroom rug, and some clothes.  It took *forever* to wash out, even once we found out that dish soap is what you want to use to cut the grease.  What I thought was hilarious was when I typed "how to get diaper rash cream..." into Google and saw "how to get diaper rash cream out of <carpet/rug/hair/clothes/etc.>" listed as options.  Apparently my child is not the only one to do this.

One morning when she was about 3, I woke up to hear crying.  I went out of my bedroom and saw a Hershey's kiss wrapper on the floor of the hallway.  Then another.  Then another.  I heard crying from the playroom and followed the trail of wrappers into the room, where I found wrappers *everywhere*, my oldest in a playpen pigging out on an entire bag of Hershey's kisses, and my younger daughter (who was like 18 months) crying outside the playpen because her sister was keeping the treat away and not sharing it.  (I took the kisses away from my oldest *and* gave her little sister some as a treat, because that's just mean to torture her with watching her sister eating them by the dozen and not get any herself!

I have had far fewer hilarious kid disasters as my oldest grew into a very mature, steady, obedient child (she's now 6) and not only does she not get into stuff she shouldn't anymore, but she keeps a good eye on her sisters and generally keeps them from being able to get into much anymore.

The one incident that *did* happen more recently was one day when I came downstairs from my shower to find my 2-year-old covered with chocolate.  Hands, face, etc.  The older ones hadn't noticed anything, and I had to go searching to figure out what she got into.  There had been a container of M&Ms on the counter that I thought she couldn't get into.  Sure enough, the container was *empty* (she'd eaten like a pound of them!) and there were chocolate handprints all over the sides and top of the container.

GreenEyedHawk:
I don't have kids myself but this is a story about two-year-old me that my mom loves to tell, whenever people remark that her set of lovely smoked-glass wine glasses and carafe has one glass missing.

See, my mother has a smoky glass wine carafe and glasses set that has its own metal stand.  The carafe sits in the middle and the wine glasses spiral up around it.  Really quite pretty.  The bottom-most wine glass is missing.  The set used to live on a sofa table in my parents' dining room and when I was two, I realised that I could reach the bottom glass and take it out of the rack.  I was fixated on these glasses and would steal one whenever I had the chance.

One day my mother spotted me standing in the dining room, clutching my ill-gotten wine glass, but she didn't want to startle me because she was concerned I might run, then trip and break the glass and be hurt.  Instead, she just sort of calmly said my name, hoping I'd drop the glass harmlessly on the carpet.  Clearly I knew I was doing something I shouldn't be, because my reaction was to turn and throw the wine glass at the wall, where it of course smashed.  I guess I must have thought I was getting rid of the evidence.

Hexteacher:
I am so glad that my mother is not a member of this site, there are tales to tell, and scars to explain.

This story is about my Grandmother.  As a 5 year old child she somehow managed to sneak out of the back door of her parents house in Boston Ohio, and ran down the street looking for somewhere to play.  She was discovered on a building site a few blocks down walking along the roof ridge beam of the wooden frame of a house under construction.  The house was two stories high.  I'm not entirely sure what treats were used to bribe her down, (pretty sure chocolate was involved), but her parents were "relieved" when my grandmother returned to terra firma.

This is the lady who turned 90 last December.

Softly Spoken:
I don't have any for myself, but before I came along my mom had to deal with 3 very entertaining boys. >:D

The only stories I remember off the top of my head (my brother won't admit to much but I'll get more out of him eventually):

My middle older bro E and my youngest older bro H were horrible influences on each other. They once were playing with a lawn dart set...long enough to get bored throwing the darts at the ring on the ground and just start lobbing them at each other. H got it in the shoulder and the dart set was permanently banned. Many of their toys were inevitably banned for misuse. ::)

The only trouble I was involved in was when E showed me the movie "Alien"...when I was five. :o Mom never found out why I was having nightmares about the "red biting worm" (the chest burster) that ran around under the furniture. E has apologized to me, but he never admitted to our mom that he let me see it. I actually like all the movies now so it didn't scar me for life - though I love teasing E that it did because I know he feels guilty about it.

Reika:

--- Quote from: Softly Spoken on March 04, 2013, 12:27:14 AM ---
The only trouble I was involved in was when E showed me the movie "Alien"...when I was five. :o Mom never found out why I was having nightmares about the "red biting worm" (the chest burster) that ran around under the furniture. E has apologized to me, but he never admitted to our mom that he let me see it. I actually like all the movies now so it didn't scar me for life - though I love teasing E that it did because I know he feels guilty about it.

--- End quote ---

Mom managed to traumatize me and herself with that movie without meaning to when I was around the same age. It was around the time HBO first became available in the area we lived in and the movie was being run prime time as sci-fi and the only description was "Space miners find a derelict spaceship of unknown origins." Harmless enough, right? Yeah, until the egg opened up and the facehugger got the guy.

Much, much later, Aliens is one of my favorite all time movies with Alien being a second favorite. And mom just shakes her head. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version