Author Topic: Shred Diet (Dr. Ian Smith)  (Read 1350 times)

Adelaide

Shred Diet (Dr. Ian Smith)
« on: January 26, 2013, 12:05:54 AM »
I know this is a fairly new book, but I was wondering if anyone else out there was trying the Shred diet. I've never done a diet before, as I am notoriously skeptical about them, but this one seems to make a lot of sense. (And so far it's working, I've lost 10 pounds and I'm never hungry/irritable.)

Only me

Re: Shred Diet (Dr. Ian Smith)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 12:10:13 AM »
This is the first I've heard about it.

Will look forward to reading how its doing for others.

veryfluffy

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 12:42:00 PM »
I looked it up, and found this assessment: http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/the-shred-diet-a-minimally-kooky-way-to-lose-weight/

Apparently the diet bit is healthy and the detox bit is over-stated but won't hurt you.

Adelaide

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 02:30:08 PM »
I thought it made a lot of sense, as it doesn't involve starving or eating a whole lot of one type of food or anything. It's really helped me with portion control more than anything, and making sure I eat enough fruits/veggies.

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 03:54:28 PM »
I'm intrigued. Is there a website where I can see a menu sample?

Adelaide

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 08:55:26 PM »
You can go on Amazon and see a preview of the book if you're a member. The great thing about it is that it's not *extremely* restrictive in terms of what you can/can't eat. Now that I'm on week 3 it's getting a bit more so, but usually it's just "Eat a bowl of soup, less than 300 calories, less than 480 mgs of sodium/serving, no potatoes, no cream" or something like "eat a piece of fruit".