A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Creepy, disturbing, but also attractive

(1/16) > >>

oceanus:
I’m not sure this thread will go anywhere because the question/premise is kind of strange, but it’s worth a try.

Can you think of a creepy/unpleasant scene in a movie where the main character was attractive/sexy because of what s/he was doing (excluding sex scenes)?

Here are a few of mine:

Deliverance – Burt Reynolds when he was holding the bow & arrow (good shot!).  ;)

Godfather I – James Caan (Sonny Corleone) when he sloooowly fell after getting plastered with bullets at the toll both.

Pulp Fiction – Bruce Willis when he selected (and used) the perfect sword.

I asked a friend who happens to love Catherine Zeta-Jones, and he said in the movie Traffic when she said “Shoot him in the head.”

He also said (and this was a surprise) Octavia Spencer (Minnie) in the pie scene from The Help.

Off the top of my head, I can’t think of any recent movie scenes that apply.

TylerBelle:
In District 9, when Sharlto Copley (Wikus van de Merwe) was turning into the alien. He was just so cute and helpless and I just wanted him to eventually be cured.

In Stand by Me, Kiefer Sutherland (Ace) was such a mean bully, but quite appealing.

Any time James Cagney played a gangster. (Of course loved him as George M. Cohen, too!)

And I so agree with that Burt Reynolds scene in Deliverance.

oceanus:

--- Quote ---In Stand by Me, Kiefer Sutherland (Ace) was such a mean bully, but quite appealing.
--- End quote ---

Yes, ditto re: Matt Dillon in My Bodyguard.  A real gem for those who haven't seen it.

(What made me think of this thread was a friend recently saw Deliverance for the first time.  I was not big Burt Reynolds fan, but, whew  :D, something about him in that little leather vest with that bow & arrow!  Yowza!  Of course, he was a LOT younger.)

Just thought of another one:  Body Heat when William Hurt throws the chair through the front door and breaks the glass.  I'll skip discussing what happens next. ;)

Morticia:
Antonio Banderas, shooting everyone in Cheech Marin's bar in Desperado.

Johnny Depp, with his eyes removed, shooting blindly in the sequel.

Adelaide:
Ralph Fiennes in Schindler's List. I know, I know, I'm a horrible person.

Also Jason Isaacs in The Patriot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version