A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Creepy, disturbing, but also attractive

(1/16) > >>

I’m not sure this thread will go anywhere because the question/premise is kind of strange, but it’s worth a try.

Can you think of a creepy/unpleasant scene in a movie where the main character was attractive/sexy because of what s/he was doing (excluding sex scenes)?
Here are a few of mine:

Deliverance – Burt Reynolds when he was holding the bow & arrow (good shot!).  ;)

Godfather I – James Caan (Sonny Corleone) when he sloooowly fell after getting plastered with bullets at the toll both.

Pulp Fiction – Bruce Willis when he selected (and used) the perfect sword.

I asked a friend who happens to love Catherine Zeta-Jones, and he said in the movie Traffic when she said “Shoot him in the head.”

He also said (and this was a surprise) Octavia Spencer (Minnie) in the pie scene from The Help.

Off the top of my head, I can’t think of any recent movie scenes that apply.

In District 9, when Sharlto Copley (Wikus van de Merwe) was turning into the alien. He was just so cute and helpless and I just wanted him to eventually be cured.

In Stand by Me, Kiefer Sutherland (Ace) was such a mean bully, but quite appealing.

Any time James Cagney played a gangster. (Of course loved him as George M. Cohen, too!)

And I so agree with that Burt Reynolds scene in Deliverance.

--- Quote ---In Stand by Me, Kiefer Sutherland (Ace) was such a mean bully, but quite appealing.
--- End quote ---

Yes, ditto re: Matt Dillon in My Bodyguard.  A real gem for those who haven't seen it.

(What made me think of this thread was a friend recently saw Deliverance for the first time.  I was not big Burt Reynolds fan, but, whew  :D, something about him in that little leather vest with that bow & arrow!  Yowza!  Of course, he was a LOT younger.)

Just thought of another one:  Body Heat when William Hurt throws the chair through the front door and breaks the glass.  I'll skip discussing what happens next. ;)

Antonio Banderas, shooting everyone in Cheech Marin's bar in Desperado.

Johnny Depp, with his eyes removed, shooting blindly in the sequel.

Ralph Fiennes in Schindler's List. I know, I know, I'm a horrible person.

Also Jason Isaacs in The Patriot.

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version