Author Topic: Creepy, disturbing, but also attractive  (Read 7194 times)

Adelaide

Re: Creepy, disturbing, but also attractive
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 10:57:55 AM »
I'll add a 3rd vote for Dr. Lecter. He might fit in here, he did hate rude people. :P

Also Jason Isaacs in The Patriot.

Definitely.  Jason Isaacs is amazing in that film and I really like him with long hair.  I think Mel Gibson must not have realised quite how many people were cheering the bad guy on as being better looking and having better characterisation.  Not helped by the fact it's a really bad film in my view (lots of historical inaccuracies and some really clunky dialogue). 

I'd add to this Jason Isaacs in Harry Potter.  It's the combination of long fair hair, long robes and the cane of doom as he moves into shot.  The character's loathsome but he just looks so yummy and moves so beautifully.
<snip>

I have blinders on when it comes to the Patriot because of Jason Isaacs. I'm more likely to call it a "creative interpretation" of the lives of people like Tarleton and Marion. I'll acknowledge that it's not terribly historically accurate, but oh look, Jason Isaacs. And I'd forgotten about him in Harry Potter! I think he said his exaggerated accent for all of these pompous bad guys was based off of one particularly scary school teacher he had and didn't like. :D

Desdemona

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 01:06:23 PM »
Marlon Brando in A Streetcar Named Desire.

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 04:02:38 PM »
Tim Curry as the devil in Legend. 

The Borg Queen. 

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 04:21:07 PM »
Robert Carlyle in Once Upon A Time. Even if half the time he looks, as I explained to a friend, "Like he's been overdosing on bronzer." (She wanted to know the diffrence between him in Storybrooke and in the Enchanted Forest.)

He's just really appealing to me.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

Snowy Owl

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 04:35:05 PM »
Tim Curry as the devil in Legend. 

I'd forgotten that, a choice between him and Tom Cruise, I'd definitely go for darkness. 

Also most definitely, David Bowie as Jareth in Labyrinth.  Creepy and weird (and that's just the tight trousers) but very attractive. 
And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Jones

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 04:48:51 PM »
I had the biggest crush on Tim Curry as Long John Silver when I was 12-13.

Amava

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 04:54:00 PM »
Not movie or tv, but music and performance: I had a huge crush on Alice Cooper when I was a teen!!!  ;D

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 05:22:51 PM »
Not movie or tv, but music and performance: I had a huge crush on Alice Cooper when I was a teen!!!  ;D

I still do!

How about John Malkovich in Dangerous Liaisons? Utterly despicable character, but so compelling.

Al Pacino in Carlito's Way.

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

happygrrl

• Happy Girlie OI OI OI
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 06:02:30 PM »
Ahhh....Tim Curry--love him! Saw him in Spamalot in chicage before it offically opened in NYC.

Although this is neither creepy nor disturbing, I love him in Rocky Horror when he sings, "Well, you go caught with a flat...well, how about that?" and then he cocks one eyebrow and smirks into the camera--

Makes me squee everytime.
"I am the laziest person on Earth. I want to learn to photosynthesize so I can buy a sun lamp and survive without getting out of bed."  M-theory 11/23/10

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 06:33:44 PM »
When I was a teen, I had a crush on an actor named Jeff Cober.  He always played the bad guy in whatever show he was guest starring on but I always found him attractive.  I have no idea why.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, 06:40:06 PM »
Alice Cooper fans – I happened to see him interviewed by Joy Behar a couple of years ago on her talk show.  Fascinating.  He wasn’t strange at all.  Very intelligent, personable, and he has been married to the same woman for 35 yrs (a petite ballerina). 

Amava

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 07:16:34 PM »
Alice Cooper fans – I happened to see him interviewed by Joy Behar a couple of years ago on her talk show.  Fascinating.  He wasn’t strange at all.  Very intelligent, personable, and he has been married to the same woman for 35 yrs (a petite ballerina).
Ah, yes, I explained myself poorly. I did not mean to imply that the real man was a creep or a villain.
I posted about him here because what fascinated me /initially/, as a teen, was his creepy act on stage.

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 07:26:37 PM »
Ah, yes, I explained myself poorly. I did not mean to imply that the real man was a creep or a villain.
I posted about him here because what fascinated me /initially/, as a teen, was his creepy act on stage.

???  ???

I didn't mean that you implied anything at all.  No explanation or defense is necessary.  I wasn't referring to your post or anything you said. I simply meant that, generally speaking, he is seen as being/looking kind of strange, odd, different due to his onstage persona/image.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 07:28:29 PM by oceanus »

Jocelyn

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 07:31:00 PM »
Many years ago, my parents and I were in NY, and went to see the taping of a new talk show. When the host came out and announced that the guest of the day was Alice Cooper, I just about crawled under my chair, imagining having to explain Alice to my parents. He came out wearing a Hawaiian shirt and jeans, and chatted with the host in a perfectly normal way. All I had to explain was that no, that WAS Alice, and no, I don't know why he chose a woman's name as his performing name. ::)

Jocelyn

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 07:35:03 PM »
Mad Max and the Road Warrior.
While the current Mel Gibson is, IMO just creepy and disturbing, in his youth he was a good looking man, and he plays a sanity-challenged person better than just about anyone, with the exception of Peter O'Toole. I saw O'Toole in a movie once where his character was not at ALL reality-challenged, and it creeped me out massively- there was something about him being SANE that was dowright eerie. I kept expecting him to have a psychotic break.