Author Topic: Creepy, disturbing, but also attractive  (Read 6407 times)

Jocelyn

Re: Creepy, disturbing, but also attractive
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2013, 07:35:03 PM »
Mad Max and the Road Warrior.
While the current Mel Gibson is, IMO just creepy and disturbing, in his youth he was a good looking man, and he plays a sanity-challenged person better than just about anyone, with the exception of Peter O'Toole. I saw O'Toole in a movie once where his character was not at ALL reality-challenged, and it creeped me out massively- there was something about him being SANE that was dowright eerie. I kept expecting him to have a psychotic break.

MizA

• Every day is the best day ever.
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2013, 07:38:41 PM »
Dexter.

But not David Bowie in Labyrinth. Ever.
)'( The world would rather hug you than hurt you )'(

Amava

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2013, 07:59:47 PM »
Alice Cooper fans – I happened to see him interviewed by Joy Behar a couple of years ago on her talk show.  Fascinating.  He wasn’t strange at all.  Very intelligent, personable, and he has been married to the same woman for 35 yrs (a petite ballerina).
Ah, yes, I explained myself poorly. I did not mean to imply that the real man was a creep or a villain.
I posted about him here because what fascinated me /initially/, as a teen, was his creepy act on stage.

???  ???

I didn't mean that you implied anything at all.  No explanation or defense is necessary.  I wasn't referring to your post or anything you said. I simply meant that, generally speaking, he is seen as being/looking kind of strange, odd, different due to his onstage persona/image.

Oh okay good!  :D

redsfan

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2013, 09:23:47 PM »
Billy Zane in Titanic.  He was the evil fiance.  Not even the best actor, but he sure is nice to look at.

Jules1980

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2013, 11:47:15 PM »
When I was a teen, I had a crush on an actor named Jeff Cober.  He always played the bad guy in whatever show he was guest starring on but I always found him attractive.  I have no idea why.

I did too.  Only I first saw him as Dodger on China Beach.  Dodger wasn't a bad guy, though he did have some creepy moments, he was just a soldier, maybe with a little battle fatigue.

Softly Spoken

• "I am a hawk on a cliff..."
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2013, 12:11:45 AM »
Okay this is weird, I just read the posts about Tim Curry/Legend and then the promo for the movie came on the tv! *cue Twilight Zone music*
I didn't have a crush on him but the character that fascinated me in Legend (besides Curry's Darkness) was his henchman goblin Blix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ruAIYMAEYM). I remember the first time you see him (the character was actually played by a woman) it's the long nose, then these wormy lips swallow noisily and this creepy raspy voice comes out... *shudder* But he was also a hell of a shot with a bow and I was way into fantasy so I found him really compelling...and crafty and funny - one of his lackey's gets banished by Curry for mouthing off and Blix just goes "Wow." Then he has this great line about encouraging his men's initiative.

I used to be so into weird stuff I can't believe I don't have a whole list for this thread... :-[
I'll come back and post if something I've apparently blocked out comes back to me.  ;D
"... for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-William Shakespeare

"We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't."  ~Frank A. Clark

Cracea

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2013, 12:51:57 AM »
When I was a teen, I had a crush on an actor named Jeff Cober.  He always played the bad guy in whatever show he was guest starring on but I always found him attractive.  I have no idea why.

I did too.  Only I first saw him as Dodger on China Beach.  Dodger wasn't a bad guy, though he did have some creepy moments, he was just a soldier, maybe with a little battle fatigue.

I've always liked Jeff Kober as well. He was great as Dodger, and I enjoyed him in "Kindred: The Embraced" as the Nosferatu Daedalus.

greencat

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2013, 01:10:11 AM »
I'll actually add in a second (or third or whatever) vote for David Bowie as Jareth the Goblin King...partly because my first name is the same as Jennifer Connelly's character, and every time he addressed her by name, it was like he was actually talking to me!

The whole movie "Secretary." 

MerryCat

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2013, 01:27:37 AM »
Add me to the list for David Bowie in Labyrinth. Something about the eyeliner and feathered hair still makes me swoony lol. Also, although I loved Data, there was always something really attractive about Lor. Is that just me?

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2013, 10:20:26 AM »

I've always liked Jeff Kober as well. He was great as Dodger, and I enjoyed him in "Kindred: The Embraced" as the Nosferatu Daedalus.

I'd forgotten he was in China Beach.  He was in something recently as a guest star; I don't remember what show.  Which is what reminded me.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2013, 01:08:23 PM »
Also a vote for Bowie in Labyrinth.  Hmm, maybe that was the start of my attraction to men in eyeliner? ;) Though I'd take Captain Jack over Jareth.  :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Cracea

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2013, 03:23:26 PM »

I'd forgotten he was in China Beach.  He was in something recently as a guest star; I don't remember what show.  Which is what reminded me.

New Girl? He's hilarious as the super in that one.

David Bowie in Labyrinth for me too.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2013, 03:33:48 PM »
^ No, it was one of the crime type ones - he was a bad guy.  A misunderstood bad guy, if I remember correctly.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2013, 03:43:50 PM »
Javier Bardem as Raoul Silva in Skyfall. Creepy as all getout but what the hey....

Pietri

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2013, 04:32:38 PM »
Oh yes, Bond movie villains: Sean Bean in Goldeneye. I felt a tiny bit sorry for Pierce Brosnan  >:D