Author Topic: Creepy, disturbing, but also attractive  (Read 6045 times)

Snowy Owl

Re: Creepy, disturbing, but also attractive
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2013, 05:20:35 PM »
Oh yes, Bond movie villains: Sean Bean in Goldeneye. I felt a tiny bit sorry for Pierce Brosnan  >:D

Sean Bean is always awesome.  I definitely was cheering for him during that film. 
And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Shea

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2013, 08:48:47 PM »
Javert in the stage version of Les Mis that I saw in London. Can't remember the guy's name, but between being played by a handsome middle-aged gentleman, having a spectacular voice, and the rather despicable but ever-intriguing character of Javert...very pleasing indeed.

Russell Crow in the role does not cut it, IMO.

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

Yarnspinner

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2013, 11:11:43 PM »
Antonio Banderas, shooting everyone in Cheech Marin's bar in Desperado.

Johnny Depp, with his eyes removed, shooting blindly in the sequel.

Oh, Lordy.  A friend and I went to see the sequel...and friend got so tired of the body count that she got up and left.  I told her, I will be right behind you, but I was promised a blind Johnny Depp in black leather shooting people and I am not leaving until I get some.

I am not a big Keanu Reeves fan, but he was absolutely adorable in The Watcher in the scene where he is joking around and dancing with a young woman who he is preparing to murder.

greencat

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2013, 11:20:25 PM »
Oh, and on that note - Christian Bale in American Psycho.  I mean, his character is totally deranged, but, Christian Bale (at a normal body weight and not either ridiculously skinny or ridiculously bulked out for a role).

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2013, 11:23:14 PM »
Antonio Banderas, shooting everyone in Cheech Marin's bar in Desperado.

Johnny Depp, with his eyes removed, shooting blindly in the sequel.

Oh, Lordy.  A friend and I went to see the sequel...and friend got so tired of the body count that she got up and left.  I told her, I will be right behind you, but I was promised a blind Johnny Depp in black leather shooting people and I am not leaving until I get some.

Love it! I saw that movie and it was one of those that is not my favorite Johnny movie and don't own on dvd, but if I catch it on tv I will watch it for his part.  :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Gyburc

« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2013, 11:42:50 AM »
Javier Bardem as Raoul Silva in Skyfall. Creepy as all getout but what the hey....

Yes, definitely. And also as Chigurh in No Country for Old Men.

Sting as Feyd Rautha in the old film version of Dune. Eeek.

When you look into the photocopier, the photocopier also looks into you

Softly Spoken

• "I am a hawk on a cliff..."
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2013, 01:52:05 PM »
Okay I remember an interesting one:

in the "Stargate" movie, the people-enslaving alien was an evil jerk - but he happened to commandeer the body of a fairly hot native teen boy. So he had a weird voice and evil glowing-white eyes, but he was also this cute androgynous guy in exotic pharaoh regalia...I was a teeny bit sad when he and his pyramid spaceship got blown up.  ;)

Funny what you see when you watch movies and tv through the veil of teenage hormones.  ::)
"... for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-William Shakespeare

"We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't."  ~Frank A. Clark

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2013, 01:58:03 PM »
Oh, and on that note - Christian Bale in American Psycho.  I mean, his character is totally deranged, but, Christian Bale (at a normal body weight and not either ridiculously skinny or ridiculously bulked out for a role).

He was so pretty... so very, very pretty!

Kinda have a thing for Cyrus the Virus and Steve Buscemi's characters in the movie "Con Air". I love that Steve's character escaped and got to play in Vegas. Also, both characters had some witty one liners!

I'm also disturbingly in love with General Francis X. Hummel in the movie "The Rock". Yeah, he is a terrorist with flesh melting marbles of doom (or whatever). Still love him!

No, I don't have a grudge against Nicholas Cage. He just has some really sexy creepers as the bad guys in his movies.
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

flowersintheattic

« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2013, 02:05:23 PM »

I'm definitely with you on this one.

Also, I'm working my way through "Doctor Who" right now (on Series 4, and the tenth doctor), and while I love him when he's kind and happy and helping people/aliens, I've found him (and the ninth doctor) very attractive when they're being vengeful, destructive, and angry.

And of course Dr. House, Roger Sterling, and Don Draper - all very sexy men who are not at all nice.
...I learned my lesson / And yes, I still remember the last one / But this time will be different / Until I do it again... ~Phish, "Kill Devil Falls"

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2013, 02:49:43 PM »
Gene Hackman in Unforgiven (one movie that I have never been able to watch a second time)

Gary Cole in Fatal Vision (some people just play their roles toooooo well)

same for Mark Harmon in the role of Ted Bundy 

squeakers

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2013, 03:16:58 PM »
Brad Bellick (Wade Williams) in Prison Break. He's a mean corrections officer who eventually gets thrown in prison himself.  There is a scene where he is standing in his underwear, covered in filth and just has this so sad and bewildered look on his face. From one side of the bars to the other and he misses his mom.  Made me feel so sad for him.

Then I saw the muscles in his thighs and hiding under his tummy chub.  He's a beefy guy.. I luv beefy guys  8)

Here's a picture from around that time but he has a plastic bag on as protection (cleaning up the non functioning bathroom): http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3969759232/nm0931898
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 03:19:22 PM by squeakers »
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

Shalamar

« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2013, 03:53:49 PM »
My very first crush was a bad guy - Oliver Reed as Bill Sykes in "Oliver!".  He was a complete brute and utterly terrifying as Bill, but so hot.

AuntieA

• Anything but your basic traditional auntie
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2013, 05:19:10 PM »
Pod for Mark Harmon in "The Deliberate Stranger".
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Tashigi

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2013, 08:58:56 PM »
Tom Cruise at the end of Interview With a Vampire

Spoiler:
When he jumps into the writer's car and bites his throat, nearly killing the poor writer, then you can see the color and life going back to his filthy, bony hands and his features in general (it's a remarkably subtle effect).

There's something peculiarly creepy yet attractive about how he fastidiously puts himself back into order, pulling his rotting lace cuffs so delicately from the sleeves of his (likely stolen) jacket and how he smiles almost benevolently and says, in such awesomely snarky yet sinister tones, "Let me give you the choice that -I- never had."

In retrospect, you can certainly observe that Tom Cruise can meet Lestat's particular brand of crazy just fine.

Jones

« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2013, 09:05:58 PM »

I'm definitely with you on this one.

Also, I'm working my way through "Doctor Who" right now (on Series 4, and the tenth doctor), and while I love him when he's kind and happy and helping people/aliens, I've found him (and the ninth doctor) very attractive when they're being vengeful, destructive, and angry.
snip
Time to find the version of "Hamlet" that has David Tennant in the title role.

ETA: here it is... http://video.pbs.org/video/1473795626/
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:12:24 PM by Jones »