Author Topic: Creepy, disturbing, but also attractive  (Read 6036 times)

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
Re: Creepy, disturbing, but also attractive
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2013, 09:06:58 PM »
Christoph Waltz and Eli Roth in Inglourious Basterds. Normally I can't stand the sight of Eli Roth, but good grief he was hot in that movie! And Christoph Waltz is just yummy, period.

Hugo Weaving in Captain America and The Matrix trilogy.

Jackie Earle Haley in Watchmen, especially the scene where he's ripping up the shirt, and as Guerrero on Human Target. *fans self*
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:29:40 PM by Miss Misery »

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2013, 10:03:24 PM »
I'm going way back ;)

Max von Sydow as Ming in Flash Gordon.  Who has never, ever fantasized about being "prepared" for the Emperor's pleasure?

Yul Bryner in, oh, everything.  The Ten Commandments and The King and I, especially.

Telly Savalas as Kojak

I don't know if any of those are "creepy", but maybe "menacing"?

Yarnspinner

« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2013, 11:31:44 PM »
My very first crush was a bad guy - Oliver Reed as Bill Sykes in "Oliver!".  He was a complete brute and utterly terrifying as Bill, but so hot.

Loved LOVED Oliver Reed, especially in "The Assassination Bureau" with Diana Rigg (which is the movie that made me fall for him...)

silvercelt

« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2013, 11:32:15 PM »
I don't know if this counts as creepy or disturbing, really, but there is a scene in the original Stargate movie with Kurt Russell.  He and the others are dressed as the slave people, about to start an attack on Ra and his army.  When one of the guards pulls the hood off of Kurt Russell's head, and KR says, "Hey- how ya doin?" then winks and shoots him?  No idea why, but he is so attractive right then.

Yarnspinner

« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2013, 11:33:29 PM »
Tom Cruise at the end of Interview With a Vampire

Spoiler:
When he jumps into the writer's car and bites his throat, nearly killing the poor writer, then you can see the color and life going back to his filthy, bony hands and his features in general (it's a remarkably subtle effect).

There's something peculiarly creepy yet attractive about how he fastidiously puts himself back into order, pulling his rotting lace cuffs so delicately from the sleeves of his (likely stolen) jacket and how he smiles almost benevolently and says, in such awesomely snarky yet sinister tones, "Let me give you the choice that -I- never had."

In retrospect, you can certainly observe that Tom Cruise can meet Lestat's particular brand of crazy just fine.

"Louis, Louis, still whining after all these years!"  and switching over to Sympathy for the Devil....

Tashigi

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2013, 12:45:31 AM »
Tom Cruise at the end of Interview With a Vampire

Spoiler:
When he jumps into the writer's car and bites his throat, nearly killing the poor writer, then you can see the color and life going back to his filthy, bony hands and his features in general (it's a remarkably subtle effect).

There's something peculiarly creepy yet attractive about how he fastidiously puts himself back into order, pulling his rotting lace cuffs so delicately from the sleeves of his (likely stolen) jacket and how he smiles almost benevolently and says, in such awesomely snarky yet sinister tones, "Let me give you the choice that -I- never had."

In retrospect, you can certainly observe that Tom Cruise can meet Lestat's particular brand of crazy just fine.

"Louis, Louis, still whining after all these years!"  and switching over to Sympathy for the Devil....

I admit to cracking up at hearing him say that.

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2013, 09:15:07 AM »
Gerard Butler in Phantom of the Opera.
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

Shea

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2013, 09:27:54 AM »
Oh, and on that note - Christian Bale in American Psycho.  I mean, his character is totally deranged, but, Christian Bale (at a normal body weight and not either ridiculously skinny or ridiculously bulked out for a role).

I'm definitely with you on this one.

Also, I'm working my way through "Doctor Who" right now (on Series 4, and the tenth doctor), and while I love him when he's kind and happy and helping people/aliens, I've found him (and the ninth doctor) very attractive when they're being vengeful, destructive, and angry.
snip
Time to find the version of "Hamlet" that has David Tennant in the title role.

ETA: here it is... http://video.pbs.org/video/1473795626/

That version is AMAZING, and David Tennant is a fantastic Hamlet. And speaking of creepy-awesome, Patrick Stewart as Claudius is, if possible, even better.

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2013, 10:21:05 AM »
I don't know about attractive but Christopher Walken manages to be creepy and kind of funny at the same time. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2013, 10:26:17 AM »
I don't know about attractive but Christopher Walken manages to be creepy and kind of funny at the same time.

Oh my YES!

Syfygeek

« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2013, 11:11:55 AM »
Christopher Lee, don't care if he has fangs or not, there's something really creepy/sexy about him.
That's my purse! I don't know you!

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2013, 11:33:57 AM »

Him dancing in the video "Weapon of Choice" by Fatboy Slim is one of my favorite things ever, because he's so creepy and the dancing is so..unexpected.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2013, 12:25:08 PM »

Him dancing in the video "Weapon of Choice" by Fatboy Slim is one of my favorite things ever, because he's so creepy and the dancing is so..unexpected.

Funny you said that, as I was watching that video just before posting that! :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

flowersintheattic

« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2013, 01:13:02 PM »
Oh, and on that note - Christian Bale in American Psycho.  I mean, his character is totally deranged, but, Christian Bale (at a normal body weight and not either ridiculously skinny or ridiculously bulked out for a role).

I'm definitely with you on this one.

Also, I'm working my way through "Doctor Who" right now (on Series 4, and the tenth doctor), and while I love him when he's kind and happy and helping people/aliens, I've found him (and the ninth doctor) very attractive when they're being vengeful, destructive, and angry.
snip
Time to find the version of "Hamlet" that has David Tennant in the title role.

ETA: here it is... http://video.pbs.org/video/1473795626/

That version is AMAZING, and David Tennant is a fantastic Hamlet. And speaking of creepy-awesome, Patrick Stewart as Claudius is, if possible, even better.

I can't wait to watch it all. I just watched a couple of minutes over my lunch break and like it already!
...I learned my lesson / And yes, I still remember the last one / But this time will be different / Until I do it again... ~Phish, "Kill Devil Falls"

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2013, 10:58:05 PM »
Ramin Karimloo as the Phantom...even with the mask off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQLl9_flfTw (Down Once More/Track Down This Murderer in full, so pretty long) This definitely should not be hot, but it is. I blame it on the sexy, sexy voice.  :P
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter