General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

You may be my manager, but you really have no idea what you are talking about.

(1/3) > >>

MOM21SON:
I put this here because it involves a manager at work, but it also involves children.

I received a notice in my home mailbox.  It was regarding a new high school for my county.  This is the first year that they are open.  It is only for high school.  This year, it only has 9th grade, next year will be 9th and 10th.  This pattern will continue until 12th grade is reached.

About 2 years ago, another new school opened for middle school.

I was asking my manager if she had heard of the school, told her the details, etc.  She was insistant that the school had been open for a few years.  I told her this school was high school only, she said they must have added to it.  I told her the location of the new school.  She said, no, its at abc.  At that point I just said, ok, thanks.

She is dead wrong, very wrong.  But, I didn't want to argue with her. 

Was there anyway I could have told her she is wrong??  She does have a impact on my job, and she is well known to be very "cold hearted"

Oh, and the reason it came up was because I thought her DD was the in the same grade as DS this year, she is not, she is one year behind.  I was trying to find out if anyone else got this mailing.

Scuba_Dog:
Why do you need to tell her she's wrong? Does it make that big of a difference?

I'd just let it go, she'll figure it out on her own and you won't have caused an issue with her over something unimportant.

MOM21SON:

--- Quote from: Scuba_Dog on January 18, 2013, 08:44:11 PM ---Why do you need to tell her she's wrong? Does it make that big of a difference?

I'd just let it go, she'll figure it out on her own and you won't have caused an issue with her over something unimportant.

--- End quote ---

I guess, I don't need to tell her she is wrong.  It just sucks when someone talks to you like a complete idoit and there is nothing you can do about it.

mrkitty:
Trust me - she'll eventually figure it out, and she'll feel stupid about it. You don't need to do a thing. She'll figure it out, she'll know you're right, you'll know you're right....and you'll know she knows you're right. And she'll still feel stupid.

But if you don't say anything, you still are the bigger person. And, no consequences to your working relationship.  ;D

MOM21SON:

--- Quote from: mrkitty on January 18, 2013, 08:57:55 PM ---Trust me - she'll eventually figure it out, and she'll feel stupid about it. You don't need to do a thing. She'll figure it out, she'll know you're right, you'll know you're right....and you'll know she knows you're right. And she'll still feel stupid.

But if you don't say anything, you still are the bigger person. And, no consequences to your working relationship.  ;D

--- End quote ---

Thanks!  I actually laughed!  There were sooo many wrong things she said during the conversation that my eyelids hurt from blinking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version