General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

You may be my manager, but you really have no idea what you are talking about.

<< < (3/3)

MOM21SON:

--- Quote from: oceanus on January 19, 2013, 07:41:20 PM ---
--- Quote ---I was asking my manager if she had heard of the school, told her the details, etc.  She was insistant that the school had been open for a few years.  I told her this school was high school only, she said they must have added to it.  I told her the location of the new school.  She said, no, its at abc.  At that point I just said, ok, thanks.

--- End quote ---

As I understand it, this was just a 'sidebar' type conversation.  I don't see it as being a "you're my manager" issue.  You said your piece.  I don't understand why it's so important to you that she knows she is wrong.  I think you're making too much of it (the "cold-hearted" comments, etc.)  Let it go.

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  Trust me, it was not a hill to die on. 

Otterpop:
"Cold hearted" is a red flag to me.  Don't engage her in anything non-work related.  Some people are such control freaks that they need to remain in control, even of what is TRUE.  They'll twist it in front of your eyes to prove they are right.  If it's proven later they were wrong, you'll never be vindicated as their brains rewrite the conversation.  I once had a boss like this...caution (*shudder*).

Cami:

--- Quote from: Otterpop on January 21, 2013, 09:50:41 AM ---"Cold hearted" is a red flag to me.  Don't engage her in anything non-work related.  Some people are such control freaks that they need to remain in control, even of what is TRUE.  They'll twist it in front of your eyes to prove they are right.  If it's proven later they were wrong, you'll never be vindicated as their brains rewrite the conversation.  I once had a boss like this...caution (*shudder*).

--- End quote ---

I had a coworker like that. The best way to handle her was to only engage in work-related conversations and even then keep it short and if possible, put it in writing (since they like to change their story to prove they were right when they were actually wrong).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version