General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

You may be my manager, but you really have no idea what you are talking about.

<< < (2/3) > >>

chibichan:

--- Quote from: mrkitty on January 18, 2013, 08:57:55 PM ---Trust me - she'll eventually figure it out, and she'll feel stupid about it. You don't need to do a thing. She'll figure it out, she'll know you're right, you'll know you're right....and you'll know she knows you're right. And she'll still feel stupid.

--- End quote ---

And she'll appreciate the fact that you did not publicly point out how stupid she was .

When I am regaled with " facts " that I know are blatently wrong , I have found that the best way to save face for both parties is to nod sagely and say " Hmmm, that's interesting . I heard something completely different . I'll have to Google it when I get home . "

oceanus:

--- Quote ---I was asking my manager if she had heard of the school, told her the details, etc.  She was insistant that the school had been open for a few years.  I told her this school was high school only, she said they must have added to it.  I told her the location of the new school.  She said, no, its at abc.  At that point I just said, ok, thanks.

--- End quote ---

As I understand it, this was just a 'sidebar' type conversation.  I don't see it as being a "you're my manager" issue.  You said your piece.  I don't understand why it's so important to you that she knows she is wrong.  I think you're making too much of it (the "cold-hearted" comments, etc.)  Let it go.

TurtleDove:
POD to oceanus. 

Craftymom:
Yes, let it go..
That being said, I DO get why it is bugging you. In a way, it is almost if your boss thinks you are "dumb" on something that little, what else is she going to take that same notion to at work?

siamesecat2965:
Since its not work related, and donesn't affect your job, i'd let it go. But I also know how you feel. I have a friend like that, no matter WHAT you say, if she has an idea about something, by golly, it's right.  The more memorable one was that she is absolutely positive there is bran in fruits and veggies. Not fiber, but bran, a grain.  I just let that one go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version