General Etiquette > Life...in general

Ending a friendship when friend is ill

<< < (10/10)

bopper:
" I have been having health issues of my own so I wont be much of a support system for you ...and I won't call on you too much either given your own health issues.  If you don't hear from me right away it will be because I just don't have the energy. When I feel up to it I will contact you back."

TootsNYC:

--- Quote from: bopper on January 22, 2013, 01:44:21 PM ---" I have been having health issues of my own so I wont be much of a support system for you ...and I won't call on you too much either given your own health issues.  If you don't hear from me right away it will be because I just don't have the energy. When I feel up to it I will contact you back."

--- End quote ---

Lovely!

Winterlight:
You aren't ending the friendship because she's ill, you're ending it because she's a leech and you don't like her. You don't owe her an endless sounding board.

oceanus:
This is the only part I don't like:

--- Quote ---When I feel up to it I will contact you back.
--- End quote ---
Why bother to say this? ??? - you know you don't want to and most likely you're not going to.

There is a big difference between ending a relationship and delaying/putting someone off with empty promises.  As much as I dislike the parasitic woman, there is no reason to give false hope.  AND - it leaves the door open and gives her a reason to periodically contact you "just to see if you're up to it". 

Ending it means exactly that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version