General Etiquette > Life...in general

Ending a friendship when friend is ill

<< < (2/10) > >>

gramma dishes:

--- Quote from: Outdoor Girl on January 19, 2013, 12:19:29 PM ---I wouldn't worry about it at all!  You need to look after you.  And this woman is not supporting you at all.  In fact, she's sapping your energy.  Drop her like a hot potato and don't look back.   ...

--- End quote ---

This.  You definitely do not need this person in your life right now. 

LeveeWoman:
This isn't a freinship.This is a parasitical relationship.

CrazyDaffodilLady:
O.P. again: Part of my guilt problem may be that my father was a minister, and ministers do not get to avoid ill parishioners, no matter how parasitic they are. 

I once attended the funeral of a kind-of-crazy woman.  The minister mentioned in the eulogy that for years she had called him many times a day and sometimes at night.  He seemed relieved that the phone calls were finally at an end.

Amava:

--- Quote from: LeveeWoman on January 19, 2013, 01:07:29 PM ---This isn't a freinship.This is a parasitical relationship.

--- End quote ---

I agree.

Question... /Is/ she always ill? Or is she just someone who likes to overplay her illnesses and who likes to feel sorry for herself? It's hard to tell from here in my chair, of course. How much proof do you have of her illnesses?

But even if she is genuinely very ill, that still doesn't give her a free pass to use people left, right and center...

Re-reading your OP: wait, WHAT? /You/ have cancer, and she only talks about her health problems and never listens to yours?  :o
Yeah no. You have to think of yourself and take care of yourself, CrazyDaffodilLady!

cicero:

--- Quote from: CrazyDaffodilLady on January 19, 2013, 01:24:59 PM ---O.P. again: Part of my guilt problem may be that my father was a minister, and ministers do not get to avoid ill parishioners, no matter how parasitic they are. 

I once attended the funeral of a kind-of-crazy woman.  The minister mentioned in the eulogy that for years she had called him many times a day and sometimes at night.  He seemed relieved that the phone calls were finally at an end.

--- End quote ---
but are *you* a minister?

I understand the guilt but you do have to take care of yourself right now.

I've been thru chemo - it's enough just getting through the day. the very last thing you need after the very last thing you need is someone sapping all your energy. it's not selfish, it's not rude, it's not mean - it's called survival.

and hugs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version