Author Topic: Ending a friendship when friend is ill  (Read 6255 times)

bopper

• Super Hero!
Re: Ending a friendship when friend is ill
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2013, 01:44:21 PM »
" I have been having health issues of my own so I wont be much of a support system for you ...and I won't call on you too much either given your own health issues.  If you don't hear from me right away it will be because I just don't have the energy. When I feel up to it I will contact you back."

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2013, 03:29:20 PM »
" I have been having health issues of my own so I wont be much of a support system for you ...and I won't call on you too much either given your own health issues.  If you don't hear from me right away it will be because I just don't have the energy. When I feel up to it I will contact you back."

Lovely!

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2013, 03:56:18 PM »
You aren't ending the friendship because she's ill, you're ending it because she's a leech and you don't like her. You don't owe her an endless sounding board.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2013, 06:10:38 PM »
This is the only part I don't like:
When I feel up to it I will contact you back.
Why bother to say this? ??? - you know you don't want to and most likely you're not going to.

There is a big difference between ending a relationship and delaying/putting someone off with empty promises.  As much as I dislike the parasitic woman, there is no reason to give false hope.  AND - it leaves the door open and gives her a reason to periodically contact you "just to see if you're up to it". 

Ending it means exactly that.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 06:14:29 PM by oceanus »