Author Topic: Things that "hit" you at odd moments.  (Read 1745 times)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
Re: Things that "hit" you at odd moments.
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 07:38:10 AM »
I don't get these moments often but I had one last night. 

About 2AM I got up for a glass of milk.  For a while, I'd been chewing over Some tricky clues in a cryptic crossword.  As soon as I got back to bed, the light for a particularly odd clue came to me.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 11:02:52 AM »
One time a friend and I were trying to remember something; I got it two days later and called. All I said was the word, he said, "That's it!" Then we both hung up.

One summer, I was working and rooming with a girl that I'd completely hit it off with.  She and I could somehow have entire conversations in our heads because our thought processes worked the same way.  Some one else would say something that lead us to thinking and then one of us would say something that the other person total understood but was a complete non sequiter to everyone else.

Everyone else would look at us and then usually, the person who didn't speak would explain the thought process going on.  And everyone else would just shake their heads.  It was especially bad when our thought processes lead us to something funny and the two of us would just break out laughing like loons when no one else was.

Our lives have completely diverged; we don't even send Christmas cards anymore but for that summer, it was amazing.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 05:12:57 PM »
The one story of mine that immediately came to mind isn't PG rated. The short version is that the solution to a proof I was working on in one of my grad classes came to me during a game of scrabble.

Not the board game?
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

mmswm

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 05:17:58 PM »
The one story of mine that immediately came to mind isn't PG rated. The short version is that the solution to a proof I was working on in one of my grad classes came to me during a game of scrabble.

Not the board game?

Nope, not the board game. What's worse is that I actually got up to write out the missing part of the proof.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

QueenofAllThings

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 06:56:57 PM »
I hope you got up to write out the proof AFTER your 'game' of scrabble was over.

mmswm

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2013, 07:07:28 PM »
I hope you got up to write out the proof AFTER your 'game' of scrabble was over.

I plead the 5th.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)